English speaking surveyer in Nerthlands

Sundowner 39

Visit site
Can any body recommend a surveyor in the Netherlands ...Sneek or Loosdrecht area would be good.
I am looking for somebody who will talk boats in general as well as survey as this is a learning curve for me as my back ground is yachts.
Steel is a whole new world...advice welcome

Old Harry

Visit site
I think the Dutch form of contract is less forgiving than the RYA contract, best read up about it before committing to a deposit.
I would imagine all Dutch surveyors speak English
Good luck, sounds interesting

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Rob Dros comes quite recommended.

I found him mentioned in a few past threads when I searched this forum, then when I mentioned him to the lady I'm seeing she told me she and her ex-husband used him for one of their past boats, and that he was very thorough. I plan to use him shortly, therefore - I signed the contract on Friday.

Everyone speaks English here - it's a compulsory subject in school, I'm told. Even supermarket checkout staff speak perfect English.

Dros Nautic
+31 6 22 48 04 32
rob@drosnautic.nl
www.drosnautic.nl
Joure, Friesland​

Last edited:

Sundowner 39

Visit site
Thanks for all the info.....I have approached the guy and we are likely to survey next Wednesday.
Thanks again....
Have found a Linssen 40 se....looks ok...!

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Oooops. I must've been tired when I wrote my previous comment, because Dros Nautic were second place on my shortlist.

It was Gerard Duursma & Rutger Versluijs who my lass used before, and who surveyed my boat today. They have been advocated by others on this forum in the past, and I found them very capable, helpful and efficient.

Duursma & Versluijs
+316 2452 1976 / +3188 77 88 666
info@duursma.info
www.duursma.info
Piet Heinlaan 25, 2341 SG Oegstgeest, The Netherlands​