Engine Bed Conversion MD7B to D1-20

TonyMills

Visit site
Hi,
I have now ordered the D1-20 and I have the drawing for a pair of brackets to convert the existing engine bed to take the D1-20 (+130S Saildrive).

The brackets extend from the existing mount point back to about the centre of the saildrive ring. At that point the brackets have a point at which they can be bolted down. But to what? In my circumstances they end up about 4cm's above a ring bolt.

Does anyone have experience of using these brackets? Vospec have a PDF picture of them at
http://www.volspec.co.uk/Vol Re-pow bracket Flyer 08.pdf

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
conversion plates

We have recently done a MD5B to D1-13(+130S) conversion. The "converters" we were supplied were much shorter than those depicted in the pdf file being affectively a couple of "C" shaped pieces with holes and threaded holes as necessary. Like you I see no obvious location for the extensions back past the leg.

Jeff.

TonyMills

Visit site
re conversion plates

Thanks Jeff,

Today the local agent for Volvo sent me some photographs of various installations and whilst I can't see if the back bar is there they do seem to be fine with just the C brackets. Interestingly the agent couldn't tell me how it worked.

You mentioned that some of the 'C' Bracket holes are threaded. That surprised me, as I had assumed they were simply through bolted. Are you refering to the holes fixing the bracket to the bed (lower) or the two which take the engine mount (upper)?

Regards
Tony
PS the Centurian 32 website was interesting - pity I cant speak French!

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Sorry abot the delay

The holes on the bottom of "C" were plain, those on the top were threaded. The "C" are placed on the engine bed thus: ] [

The brackets would seem to have suited a number of engines, there were more holes than we required.

The Centurion 32 site isn't mine (I don't speak French either), but I have a fondness of that marque and model.

Regards,
Jeff.