em-trak AIS transponders - multiplexing between NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 ports

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Got a chance to get to the boat and update my em-trak b924 this morning. Software is now at the latest version. I can switch on "Enable GPS sentences" in the Connect-AIS app, open an app like iNavX, and see GPS sentences coming through via TCP/IP. All good.

I was hoping I might also see data from my Raymarine instruments (e7 plotter, i70 instruments,SeatalkNG) including depth, wind speed & direction etc. However that does not appear. Am wondering if that ever makes it onto the same data network as the b924. Am thinking the installer I used when I first got the boat might just have connected the AIS to the plotter via NMEA 0183. I'd like to see depth on my phone / tablet but am not sure I'm desperate enough to start re-wiring things. :)
I use one of these and get everything on my iPad.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Got a chance to get to the boat and update my em-trak b924 this morning. Software is now at the latest version. I can switch on "Enable GPS sentences" in the Connect-AIS app, open an app like iNavX, and see GPS sentences coming through via TCP/IP. All good.

I was hoping I might also see data from my Raymarine instruments (e7 plotter, i70 instruments,SeatalkNG) including depth, wind speed & direction etc. However that does not appear. Am wondering if that ever makes it onto the same data network as the b924. Am thinking the installer I used when I first got the boat might just have connected the AIS to the plotter via NMEA 0183. I'd like to see depth on my phone / tablet but am not sure I'm desperate enough to start re-wiring things. :)
Look for network settings in the E7 menus and you can see what's connected via N2K/STNG, if the Emtrak isn't there you'll likely need to install a network, or connect the Emtrak to the existing network. If you have a STNG network you will just need a STNG to devicenet cable and a STNG T (unless you have a spare STNG port on a 5 way connector).

mrming

instagram.com
Look for network settings in the E7 menus and you can see what's connected via N2K/STNG, if the Emtrak isn't there you'll likely need to install a network, or connect the Emtrak to the existing network. If you have a STNG network you will just need a STNG to devicenet cable and a STNG T (unless you have a spare STNG port on a 5 way connector).
Thanks Paul. Good idea to look in the e7 menu. I imagine the em-trak needs connecting to the STNG network alright. :)