Electrics

Csail

N/A
Visit site
I know you can't advertise on here so i will just make you all aware that i have just bought some industrial crimpers .... so for a donation... i will do your boat electrics. Part P qualified.

Mike_S

Visit site
If you're more reliable than Spec Marine (ie you actually turn up occasionally when asked to) then I'd set yourself up properly to do marine electrics / electronics. Seems to be a busy market round here. I've pretty much given up trying to get Roy to come and look at the gauges that stopped working after he installed the VHF /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
I thought / think Roy is very good but give me a call if you need stuff looking at. I'm not really electronics but qualified lecky and aircraft engineer. What is wrong? might be something really simple?

Mike_S

Visit site
Probably is quite a simple problem, I'm just annoyed he hasn't been to look at it despite numerous requests and promises from him that he will, the man's a walking excuse book /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The problem is, both the oil temp & pressure gauges have stopped working, coincidentally immediately after he fitted the VHF. He'd had all the dash out to fit the wiring in and the gauges are electric, so I assume (until proven otherwise) he's disturbed something whilst delving in there. The backlighting works to them, so they've clearly got power, they just haven't got the info from the engine. I've checked with west point marine and they're not mechanical gauges so I'm just hoping they're not fubar. There's also 2 jobs outstanding from when the VHF was done that required parts from ASAP that were out of stock. I assume these have now arrived as he put the invoice through the door on Friday, albeit without any info. I've since left a message to call me but he hasn't, so I'll bother him again later today.

This has been going on since the beginning of May so all in all, unimpressed springs to mind. I'd rather he just said he was too busy and actually gave me a date when he'll go to the boat, instead of trying to laugh off the number of times he's been almost next to it and 'forgotten' to go and look.

Shame there's no one else to try /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif