Edgar Cove Launch

Wansworth

Visit site
Following my last post...I spoke to he previous owner and because the launch had not been in the water for several years... he was 'advised' to apply the epoxy. (and after he applied it...water still managed to get into the boat when launched).
I shall post another thread under the heading of West Epoxy....asking if it’s possible to apply epoxy onto existing epoxy.

To make the boat watertight, you either have to completely sheath the boat with epoxy and fibre or you have to completely fill the lands with resin glueing all the wood together.
Wheni I did my poor old nailsick wreck I spent many hours with a pressure washer and then a hacksaw blade getting decades of crud out from between the planks.
I had no practical alternative,but the danger is that the wood moves as it gains and loses water and if the planks can't move then the wood will cracked.
Evidently the previous owner didn't completely seal the boat.
Nevermind, it takes a lot of salt water to rot a boat. Keep the insides nice and dry while she is afloat and make sure she gets a good airing through the off season
Galician fishermen sink their skiffs after being on the hard so they take up