Eco-sistem watermaker

mark1grp

Visit site
I am having trouble with this Spanish firm. ' protracted negotiations' lets say with a salesman...to get what is squarely paid for!
If it comes good in the end i will be fair and amend this post straight off but, in the meantime, taking money and failing on the supply side hints at an underlying problem in this new- ish firm in the water maker market.

Carmel2

Visit site
I am having trouble with this Spanish firm. ' protracted negotiations' lets say with a salesman...to get what is squarely paid for!
If it comes good in the end i will be fair and amend this post straight off but, in the meantime, taking money and failing on the supply side hints at an underlying problem in this new- ish firm in the water maker market.

Gotta love watermaker companies!

Barcelona company per chance?

RAI

Visit site
Spain has that complaints book system. One copy for you, one for them and one for the Chamber of Commerce.

mark1grp

Visit site
Thanks for replies. Yes it is Eco-Sistems, Barcelona,Carmel 2. I have spent 3.6 k euros with them for basic kit and spares. The spares are seriously deficient and i do not have enough kit to even build a wm.
In the main they are not agents, Cardo. Its not that shape of problem.Justa quick mail response here because i will be seeing the police within the next few days ( and yes instigating the complaints procedure, thank you RAI).

Boatman

Visit site
I have used that system twice - to no effect whatsoever - it is a panacea to avoid friction. The chamber of commerce will not take action and anyway has no authority.

Michael

The system does work and the CofC does take action, the problem is the effected person is not part of the solution, normally if the firm in question is deamed to be in the wrong they are finned. The poor sod who is effected gets nothing. The way round this is to threaten to file the complaint while giving the firm the chance to compensate or sort the problem out.

It's a complete pain dealing with anything Spanish, the regulations are all over the shop, impossible to understand and applied in different ways for different people, this along with brown envelopes being passed around make doing buisiness a nightmare.

scoty

Visit site
The system does work and the CofC does take action, the problem is the effected person is not part of the solution, normally if the firm in question is deamed to be in the wrong they are finned. The poor sod who is effected gets nothing. The way round this is to threaten to file the complaint while giving the firm the chance to compensate or sort the problem out.

It's a complete pain dealing with anything Spanish, the regulations are all over the shop, impossible to understand and applied in different ways for different people, this along with brown envelopes being passed around make doing buisiness a nightmare.
I can second that.......it·s not only for boating people,,,,it·s the same for every day things for spanish people and they are also frustrated with their own system
Why do we want to be in the EU ?

BenNZ

Visit site
In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, looking for information about eco sistems or the splash 25 watermaker, here is my terrible experience with them..
Bought one of these 6 months ago. 2 booster pumps have already felt, getting no useful support from the company and despite saying that their installation instructions are not suitable for the caribbean, they refuse to take any responsibility for it. I got an email from the "CEO" telling that they cannot take in charge every product that fail and that booster pumps are consumables. I was offer a 25$ discount on my next pump. I am now left with the choice of replacing the booster pump every 60h (at 250€ a pop) or be satisfied with a production of 15L/h (for now and until the pump totally kick the bucket). In short, I would advise to stay well clear of this product! 😢

Trident

Visit site
I had one direct from the manufacturer in Barcelona, shipped to Cartagena on UPS in a couple of days. Worked perfectly and was used daily for about 3 years until I sold the boat and then sold on to a mate who I believe is still using it after another 5 years. As ever, experiences vary with these things