Ebespacher D3L control box

Dunx

Visit site
Can anyone help. I need to source a new control unit for a D3L. The current one has a failure in the fuel pump pulse sender.

Can the unit be repaired? Does anyone have any contacts for this sort of repair, failing that does anyone have one for sale?

Many thanks

Dunx

pvb

Visit site
I haven't heard of people repairing control boxes, although I guess it's feasible. New ones are available, but they're around £300. I'd suggest asking some Eberspacher dealers if they have any used ones from condemned heaters. Colchester Fuel Injection is a good Eber dealer.

Hadenough

Visit site
I have the same problem. Colchester Fuel injection advise that this unit is obsolete. I'm still looking, if I find a source (of more than one ;)) I'll post.

pvb

Visit site
I have the same problem. Colchester Fuel injection advise that this unit is obsolete. I'm still looking, if I find a source (of more than one ;)) I'll post.

Butler Tecknik are listing it online as apparently available, see https://sales.butlertechnik.com/hea...eberspacher-d3l-control-unit-12v-251688500005

You'd need to clarify that this control unit would work with your D3L, as there were a couple of different part numbers for these control units, and they probably behave slightly differently.

The original control box (part 20 1607 50 00 00) fitted 12v heaters with part numbers starting 25 1482, 25 1552 and 25 1640. This box is listed as in stock at Hall's Electrical, see http://www.hallselectrical.co.uk/control-box-12v-d3l-nla.html

The later control box (part 25 1688 50 00 05) fitted 12v heaters with part number starting 25 1738, and this is the box offered by Butler Tecknik in my first link.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Visit site
PCB

Mine is the 20 1607 50 00 00 unit. Unfortunately, Halls no longer have any in stock, many thanks for the link though.

Pcatterall

I've had mine apart and there is nothing obvious although the rubber packing inside was perished and all over the PCB. Units now decoked and serviced, ECU cleaned out so I will give it another go tomorrow and let you know.

Many thanks

pvb

Visit site
Mine is the 20 1607 50 00 00 unit. Unfortunately, Halls no longer have any in stock, many thanks for the link though.

OK, looks like there's one on eBay, either new or used & tested - see
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eberspacher...065993075?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item4170d6b373

The ad says
"The equipment came from the release of a Bosch company. Available control units are either new and unused or used but tested and 100% functional. There are 12V and 24V control units for older Eberspächer heaters. Collection of several, so please before! Is offered bidding ask whether the right thing for your heating it and still there is when it just like that offer, I can send just any controller!, Price is always the same, but only 1 controller factory price at the time when you are at all are available from 240 to 330 € at Eberspächer.

Please contact us before ordering, which controller you need, so I can let you know if I still own it!
"

Hadenough

Visit site
How did you find that!? My searches various searches have been coming up blank. Thanks again, I've just contacted the seller. Let you know how I get on.

GAJ

Visit site
Don't belive the bull that Eberspacher spout, THEY ARE REPAIRABLE, it is just that the agents do not have the expertise to do the job. I took our D3L for repair to the local service agent in Preston and they said it was dead and to buy a complete new heater.

I tested the box as far as I could and came to the conclusion that pump control citcuit was the problem. It was and I had it repaired for £50 by an electronics man who now has a computer controlled test proceedure for these units. The heater has run for some 300 hours since then.
I had a duff old control one given to me and had that repaired as well to keep as a spare.

The newer controllers are not repairable as they so you have had it they conk, which they seem to do all too regularly.

Contact Simon at Glasson Electronics 01524 752208

Regards
Graham

ukmctc

out cruising, sailing around UK and Europe
Visit site
Can anyone help. I need to source a new control unit for a D3L. The current one has a failure in the fuel pump pulse sender.

Can the unit be repaired? Does anyone have any contacts for this sort of repair, failing that does anyone have one for sale?

Many thanks

Dunx

try Butlerbus, and I remember the chap in Turkey had a couple, he's on ebay regularly.