Eberspacher problem?

dunc78

Visit site
Hello
looking for some advice/help, my eberspacher when put through the start up runs up ok for a minute or so, can hear the pump, then shuts down and goes onto the cool cycle till it stops? voltage is definitely not the issue as the voltage never dropped below 13.2V. any ideas would be helpful?

dunc78

Visit site
i bought it 2nd hand, worked fine for a year, but the pump stops after about a minute or so, and it goes through its shut down sequence.

Glenlivet

Visit site
Mine was second hand off a BT van, similar story. Worked fine for a year or so then wouldn't fire up. Servicing engineer reckoned it was badly choked with carbon.

Alanij

Visit site
I had the same problem one morning a couple of years ago, unit went through start sequence, pump ticked away quite happily then stopped, and shut down sequence kicked in. As this was in Scotland in October I wasn't happy.
In this case the fault was easy to fix - the thin bore supply tubing had come loose from the larger diameter tube it had been inserted into at the diesel tank. Reinserted and clamped, been OK ever since.

peteK

Visit site
Hello
looking for some advice/help, my eberspacher when put through the start up runs up ok for a minute or so, can hear the pump, then shuts down and goes onto the cool cycle till it stops? voltage is definitely not the issue as the voltage never dropped below 13.2V. any ideas would be helpful?

If the battery never dropped below 13.2v there is your clue,it most likely the glowplug which draws load of amps and can
take the battery to below 12v.

TrevorFuller

Visit site
Might not be related, but I had a similar problem.
Turns out the fuel feed pipe for the heater is connected half way up the engine fuel tank (presumably to prevent dirt / sludge etc).
So I added fuel to the tank and the heater now works fine.