Eberspacher issues

Emerald Hunter

Visit site
I have a D4 airtronic fitted onboard which I have had constant issues the past 2 years.

Currently I have replaced the exhaust pipe, air inlet and completely stripped and serviced with new gaskets etc.

Also installed an 701 display so I could use the timer function.

The current issue is that the unit only works normally when it is v cold out.
Even when the temperature is set to highest it will only come on full hot for very short time(5min or so )then fan speed slows and v low heat output thereafter.

The heater stays on hot longest when it is cool outside, I therefore replaced the thermostat and no joy-same.
Ive also added an internal air temp sensor and also no joy..

There appears to be no blockage along any of the output lines-it worked perfect for almost ten years.

Im now thinking the only thing left to replace is the controls unit, or source a second hand replacement unit.

Any advice much appreciated , at my wits end with this unit!!

nortada

Visit site
I have a D4 airtronic fitted onboard which I have had constant issues the past 2 years.

Currently I have replaced the exhaust pipe, air inlet and completely stripped and serviced with new gaskets etc.

Also installed an 701 display so I could use the timer function.

The current issue is that the unit only works normally when it is v cold out.
Even when the temperature is set to highest it will only come on full hot for very short time(5min or so )then fan speed slows and v low heat output thereafter.

The heater stays on hot longest when it is cool outside, I therefore replaced the thermostat and no joy-same.
Ive also added an internal air temp sensor and also no joy..

There appears to be no blockage along any of the output lines-it worked perfect for almost ten years.

Im now thinking the only thing left to replace is the controls unit, or source a second hand replacement unit.

Any advice much appreciated , at my wits end with this unit!!
I have an eberspatcher. What is your location?