Ebay/Gumtree Scams Cars/Yachts

Clarky

Visit site
As most will probably be aware there are lots of these on the go just now, the latest one seems to be offering some sort of ebay buyer protection for an item abroad which will be delivered to you, under the pretence ebay is holding the money for you until you have checked the goods.
The advert I have just had removed from Gumtree was for a Westerly Tempest allegedly in Greece, for £8,800. The price is always way too low.
These are getting a bit more sophisticated and their spelling is improving to!

FullCircle

Visit site
I've guessed your game mate. You're not standing between me and a bargain!
Tempest for £8800 ? I better get there before you do. I will send them all the money upfront as a sign of my genuine interest.

Blueboatman

Visit site
The money's safe in a Cypriot account, here's the bank card and last months statement. All there, every cent, look. See? Sail it over and we do da biz, simples.

Clarky

Visit site

Jaguar 25

Visit site
Another scam on selling is that someone will contact you saying that they will pay the asking price adding that they are abroad or on an oil rig and cannot view beforehand. They then request your Paypal details......

Now that I have had a few of these when trying to sell a caravan, they are usually recognisable because there is no content visible when you open the e mail for their initial enquiry, which is " is the item still for sale?."

Now always straight to the delete button!