Eastern Angles - a splendid opportunity.

FullCircle

Visit site
Looking at Barbican Bills post on Sodding Typical, I see a peerfect opportunity for a Forum Weekend social when the Eastern Angles visit Ipswich in July.

I have signed up to their mailing list, and will post the dates on here as soon as.

We could organise a very nice programme in Ipswich for the weekend, including a Saturday evening meal on the pontoon and party.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Sounds like a plan...

Also, as an aside, just outside the wet dock is possibly the perfect pontoon for practising 'coming alongside'.....

We might combine with a couple of hours of pontoon bashing for SWMBO and the kids, and would welcome anyone else to join in....

Santana379

Visit site
Jim, I've got a feeling Eastern Angles hope to have the first night on 3rd July, which is a Thursday, but I can't be sure at this stage. I also don't know how many performances they plan for that location.

The OGA's "Swamazons" weekend is 5th/6th July in the Walton Backwaters, which Nancy Blackett will be moving on to. (Last year Swamazons coincided with the forum Pirates Weekend.)

A very good idea to turn the play into a forum event if the dates work. We'll certainly try to attend in Santana, assuming the weather's kind enough to let us get back from Holland earlier that week.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
That could all be perfect....

A Thur/Fri rendevous to see the play, followed by the Pirate weekend at Stone Point...

All we need to arrange now is some grand weather like last year. Oh, and another bench from the Full Circle garden... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Santana379

Visit site
Eastern Angles are an Ipswich theatre company, with their HQ at the Sir John Mills Theatre.

They perform entirely original works, all relating in some way to East Anglia, which they tour around the region using theatres, schools, and even village halls.

There was an outcry, at least locally, when the Arts Council announced it was slashing their funding a few months ago, but the decision was fortunately reversed.

The standard of acting is high, and the plays are always good, sometimes superb.

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
My plan for the forthcoming week will be to arrive in Ipswich on Thursday.

Do i need to pre-book tickets for Thursday/Friday performances?

How many others are planning to go?

All followed by Pirate weekend of course

Santana379

Visit site
Went to the world premiere last night. Somewhat surprisingly we were guests, so got free tickets and booze. That's not why I'm posting now to recommend it however. I will be going again and will happily pay for my own ticket and booze.

It's really wonderful - a very good adaptation indeed, with a great cast and very well designed set. Right up to Eastern Angles usual excellent standard, but even better because it's my favourite story.