Easter has been cancelled.(Official)

oldgit

Visit site
Due to complaints from a mutinous crew member Oldgits pleasant relaxing Easter Cruise to Burnham in the delightful county of Essex has apparently been cancelled,due to a few niggling problems regards wind and temperature.
Us chaps are of course made of sterner stuff,but in order to remain on speaking terms,have decided in this instance to reluctantly agree to go to a diversion location
This new course of action may well involve propping up the bar in the clubhouse for long periods instead. :(
windspeed.png

Mirror Painter

Visit site
I am again pleased to report that there is a yellow board on the Thames and it is at the proper end. This will continue throughout the river over the next couple of days and then all boards will disappear by Saturday. The river is expected to be fine for boating by Easter as forecast by me and arranged by Byron. However both of us forgot to attend to the temperature so it will be bloddy cold. With overnight lows of about -4. But you can't have everything.

CX54WEK

Visit site
We still live in hope that we will be getting away for a few days this Easter. Provided the marina isnt frozen over and the flood gates are open we are going whatever else the weather can throw at us.

If it is cold we can stick the heating on, if it is wet we are fine under the canopies, if it is windy well it will be more hassle but we will manage.

Right now it looks like our biggest ordeal will actually be getting to the boat. Snowing again in Sheffield!!

ricky_s

Visit site
I'm not giving up yet! I am bringing my new boat from Burnham round to Chichester and it needs to get a lot worse yet! Looking like the top end of a force 4.

My She

Visit site
I am again pleased to report that there is a yellow board on the Thames and it is at the proper end. This will continue throughout the river over the next couple of days and then all boards will disappear by Saturday. The river is expected to be fine for boating by Easter as forecast by me and arranged by Byron. However both of us forgot to attend to the temperature so it will be bloddy cold. With overnight lows of about -4. But you can't have everything.

Bloddy should def be a word!:D
Easter's here! French Bros pax boat just went past Bray!! Pretty big bow waves mind . .

oldgit

Visit site
I'm not giving up yet! I am bringing my new boat from Burnham round to Chichester and it needs to get a lot worse yet! Looking like the top end of a force 4.

Just put that nice easterly over the top of that nice big ebb and at 0C your blimming wheelhouse heater had better be a good un :)

Last edited:

BG1

Visit site
Sorry to be bearer of bad news - listened to Simon King (a weatherman) on R5 this afternoon. He said the jet stream won't move North till end of April, then it will start to warm up. Just in time for Spring Bank Holiday!

dash300

Visit site
Bloddy should def be a word!:D
Easter's here! French Bros pax boat just went past Bray!! Pretty big bow waves mind . .

Speed with French Bros. does not compute. Son many years ago was one of their marine engineers at their Runnymede base. He was always complaining about their boat jockeys; everything full blast with no sympathy for the machinery. Salters and Turks are certainly a cut above.