East Med Yacht Rally done or going to do?

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
I am planning to take time off work to join the East MEd Yacht Rally - if it is still going in 2013. I would be interested to hear from Forumnites who have done the rally recently or are planning to join in 2012. I am not so interested in the first part in Turkey. I am most interested in sailing to places that I might never get to otherwise, ie Lebanon Syria (if it stabilises), Israel and Eygpt

Thanks

TudorSailor

chinita

Visit site
Not done it but have some good Swedish friends who have. They thoroughly enjoyed it.

The year before they did the one in the Black Sea. They felt that one was very rushed and geared mainly to promoting the tourism in those parts.

LauraKatie

Visit site
I too am interested in getting on this adventure.
Currently sailing Glasgow to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. New Marina there is very well equiped and some good berthing offers on. I think some yachts will depart from here for the rally.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I too am interested in getting on this adventure.
Currently sailing Glasgow to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. New Marina there is very well equipped and some good berthing offers on. I think some yachts will depart from here for the rally.

I realy do hope that this new marina turns out as good as you say, other than only one person dying there.

Last edited: