East Coast Sailing - blatant scrounger of sailing trips!

suse

Visit site
I ve just come back from 2800 miles round Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and E coast US - you might just have caught me posting occasionally recently (!), and if you want a long read, try www.susysrunningawaytosea.blogspot.com. But I m not looking for that again at the moment ... just some toodling around on the East Coast, maybe further. I m currently marooned just outside Cambridge.

My sailing credentials are: all RYA sailing theories + dayskipper practical; several decades sailing - still learning, as ever ...; former owner and skipper of a Nab 35 based at Ipswich - how I miss that boat; done boat deliveries to Baltic + lots of x-channels to France, CI, Spain; S China Sea (gotta slide that one in) sail and dive. Diving: BSAC Instructor.

I sail, dive, cook, swab decks, scrub hulls, navigate, scramble up wharfs, tie knots, steer, and if you dont watch out - sing. NO electrical, engine or spinnaker abilities - you have been warned. And I ve been known to stop talking for hours on end ...

PM for contact details.

Susy x

Sixpence

Visit site
send a massage to east coast Bernie S , she's just down the road from you and has hers moored close by . To get to her boat she has to drive past you
Fancy not knowing this forum was here eh , hehe

FullCircle

Visit site
You can put us on your list Suzy, although we have no more away weekends planned this year, as we have a Grandchild due, and now have Semi Circle to restore.
Our references include
Trevera25
Magna Carter
and others who dont have working yachts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fussy eaters and teetotallers need to find other avenues I am afraid....

Sixpence

Visit site
Not sure I'm much of a reference Jim /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif , but Susy , yep he's excellent as a skipper and host and the boats luvverly , as is the other half of the circle

beancounter

Visit site
Don't forget you're welcome aboard the good ship Stargazer in 2007. You may be offered the exalted position of Lock Cleat Grabber (1st Class)....

Good to see you Saturday evening - thanks for bringing the Newfoundland piccies. (and the wine - hic!)

John & Ruth

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
[ QUOTE ]
Our references include
Trevera25
Magna Carter
and others who dont have working yachts

[/ QUOTE ]hah.... think of that cruel dig when you are freezing your wotsits off scraping antifoul...... mind you, if we don't sell the house quickly, I might be down there helping just to be near a boat... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, back on subject.....

Susy.... count on it as a certainty that you'll be offered a place on the replacement for Magna Carter..... you never know, there might even be a delivery trip!

PS.... will second T25's endorsement.... a weekend with the jolly crew of FullCircle is an opportunity to not be missed!

FullCircle

Visit site
<<If you get stuck Neil , buy a cheapo static home>>

Blimey Dave the Beneteau 411 isn't THAT bad....

FullCircle

Visit site
22815_2.jpg

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
imagine the radio 2 traffic reports..... long tailbacks on the M6 today after the reported F4 failed to materialise...

Meanwhile on the A1, the southerly winds have caused a large influx of visitors to Newcastle, and inconsiderate tacking has caused a major pile up just outside Hatfield...