East Coast - Boat Surveyors?

BarryD

Visit site
Anyone recomend a boat surveyor (hull/bulkheads) on the East Coast, Southend area. Just had a quote for £300 +VAT and wanted a reality check before I agreed it, as I commissioned one earlier in the year in the Solent and that was only £242+VAT.

Barry D.

Davydine

Visit site
Try Paul Stevens. He is based in Essex and I had a good experience with him when he surveyed our Macwester 26.

He advertises in the back of PBO and his number is 01621 740613.

Regards,

David Walkerdine

G

As has been mentioned, try Martin Evans. A very good, very thorough surveyor! He was recommended to me a long time ago by a friend who is a marine surveyor for Trinity House.

Good Luck!

BarryD

Visit site
Sorted - Survey Comissioned

Thanks for all the replies, in the end I used the marina's recomendation - if I'm going to float there I may as well "support" them. Thanks again.

Barry D.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BarryD on Tue Oct 16 13:24:21 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

G

Can you let me have the details of the guy in the Solent area. I need a survey myslef and have been quoted £380 plus vat!!

peterg

Visit site
Solent surveyor....try

Mike Atkin on 01590 688633 (although based in Lymington, he's quite happy to travel anywhere around the South Coast and we've used him twice so far and got a very clear survey - he will also speak 'off the record' to advise on purchase if you want to talk more about it....it's worth mentioning that most YBDSA surveyors work to the same formula of overall length in feet times beam in feet times (I think) 1.25 and the result is in pounds sterling so they should all be about the same price for the same boat.