EA River level data

ianc1200

Visit site
The very useful EA River station levels data

http://www.environment-agency.gov.u...56&Sensor=D&RegionId=0&AreaId=0&CatchmentId=0

For downstream at Hurley lock says

"The highest river level recorded at this location is 2.54 metres and the river level reached 2.54 metres on 26/07/2007."

Obviously this is historical only for last few years - it's nowhere near the 2002/2003 or 1947 levels. Anybody any idea when the data was recorded from? I guess it was 2007.

534l4rk

Visit site
i For downstream at Hurley lock says "The highest river level recorded at this location is 2.54 metres and the river level reached 2.54 metres on 26/07/2007." Obviously this is historical only for last few years - it's nowhere near the 2002/2003 or 1947 levels. Anybody any idea when the data was recorded from? I guess it was 2007.[/QUOTE said:
I too have noticed this as many of the stations are listed as having been in operation pre 2000

Golden Time

Visit site
The EA river level FAQ says:

17. What period of record is the maximum recorded level based on?
The maximum recorded level has been identified from the full period of level record. In a few cases, where there have been significant changes in datum and this was clear in the level record the maximum recorded level may be identified from a shorter more recent period. Where the datum has changed significantly over time and this was not obvious when the contextual data was collated the maximum recorded level may be based on an old datum. Users need to be aware of this potential limitation. The highest recent level relates to is the highest level recorded within the last 5 years.