Dunkirk Little ships at Sunbury 04/09/2011 Lots of pictures .

No Regrets

Visit site
The advantage with all of these wooden boats is that they can all be restored quite easily although of course it costs. L'Orage for example was in a quite bad state before the current owners had her restored.

'Quite easily'

'although of course it costs...'

Err, surely not so simple then! :confused:

teddington_lock

Visit site
I always thought that if you owned a DLS , but had no money you could apply to the Association to pay to have it renovated ?

The caveat being that the Association own it afterwards ?

jecuk

Visit site
There is the Dunkirk Little Ships Restoration Trust which will take over 'at risk' boats. It is separate as a charity but obviously is quite closely linked to the Association. They can restore and then try to sell boats back in a restored state.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Thats very kind of you .
I had a quick look online today to see if smaller boats ( that i could trailor ) where involved and there was loads of them .
Amazing to think that the smaller runabouts , and the like where towed over and then went in to take the people back to the bigger boats .
I was chatting to a bloke at the lock while taking the pictures and he said they dont make boats like that anymore . We both said they dont make the blokes that took them over there any more either .We agreed that a hurty leg was good enough to get out of going :eek:
Anyway they had bigger balls than me so the least i can do is restore one of the boats :)