Dual Watch

jimi

Visit site
Can I suggest that we use CH69 for interbutter communication?

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jimi on 17/09/2004 10:29 (server time).</FONT></P>

BobE

Visit site
Ok by me Jimi,
But how does one call up an unknown Scuttler?
E.g. should we ....
On 16
Scuttle, scuttle, scuttle,
Jimi or whatever x 3
Then
Wait for a fellow scuttler to call back and say hopefully
"This is XYZ x 3 go Ch 06"???
What's the form for making a general all scuttleing stations call??

Cheers 'n See Ya Bob E..

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
I'd suggest we maintain a dual listening watch on 69 & 16 and make an initial call on CH69 along the lines of Scuttlebutts x 3, this is buttmaster x 3 and then the communication you vish to make .. how does that sound?

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jimi on 17/09/2004 10:30 (server time).</FONT></P>

BobE

Visit site
Ok Jimi,
So the first call will be on Ch06 ... saves cluttering up Ch16.
And we'll call Scuttlebutters x 3 to see if there is a fellow invader in range..
See Ya Bob E..

<hr width=100% size=1>

BobE

Visit site
Yes Tome U could be right...
But I think we've got to take a decision.. We can of course go to another channel after initial contact..
I must admit that I really cannot remember which the crowded ones are ( aren't they all)
I seem to remember that my hand held is set to scan 06, 08, 16, 72, and 77. I think they are the basic ship to ship channels but I'll check in my wee VHF book..
The old fixed set only does Dual Watch..
Cheers Bob E..

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
Good point Tom, have changed my post from 06 to 69, easier to remember as well.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BobE

Visit site
Jimi You rascal you ... Youve edited from 06 to 69 now I'm really in a bloody quandry As usual So now please read Soixante Neuf (69) for 06 in any stoopid thing I wrote!!
Cheers Bob E..

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BobE on 17/09/2004 10:39 (server time).</FONT></P>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Inter-butt comms

Young James has suggested Channel 69, which is not a working channel, but the name of a certain establishment situated just behind Cherbourg's navel base for the benefit of discharged seamen.

Of the 4 working channels RORC is using Ch 72 for their start and finish comms, so can I suggest we use 08, which is the working channel which requires least wrist rotation when moving from Ch 16.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

tome

www.google.co.uk
Re: Inter-butt comms

ch69 is a non-commercial channel and rarely as cluttered as 6,8,72,77. Since I rarely use the radio, I don't have any preferences but it may be useful for the crews in company...

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com

Given, the current level of interest, can I suggest that we use a hunting horn?

Rival Sprirt may yet be a late entry, we however are keeping our powder dry until the forecast is a bit clearer. Unlike some others the idea of an 11 hour beat in either direction no longer holds any joys.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site

It makes no difference to me eever, I'll go with the flow.

6, 8, 72, 77 shouldn't be too cluttered at the times we are crossing, especially once we are out of the Solent.

Also, how about an exchange of mobile phone numbers between skippers, by PM/e-mail rather than on the forum, so we have an additional option for keeping in touch if required.

If you guys agree, maybe somebody could pull this together - I am still trying to sort out eating and drinking arrangements, myself !

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y...I know I am, I'm sure ...etc. (New engine works wonders!)

BlueSkyNick

Visit site

If you want to be fed, you need to declare an interest. I would rather plan on a big number and reduce it, than vice versa.

Every body else is dependant on the forecast too, so you are not committing to anything.

<hr width=100% size=1>I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y...I know I am, I'm sure ...etc. (New engine works wonders!)

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com

Nick,
Have added name to Ken's list. Although, don't underestimate how whimpy the Enstones are when it comes to sailing this time of the year!
Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site

Nick I booked the wine tasting last year, are you doing it this year?

Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site

Twister and i have been talking about it over the past day or so. I am still waiting for written confirmation about the food booking, so we can plan the drinking around it.

zefender

Visit site
Re: Sorry to Butt in ...

Butt what channel has been agreed - Bitter and Twisted is obviously having a senior moment on available channels - is it 69 or some other intriguiguing couplet?

<hr width=100% size=1>

MrG

Visit site

Nick
Not sure if you need this - but 6 would like to eat from my crew.
Mark/Frances / Nick + SWMBO / JaneK / Phanakapan..

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>Regards Mark