Driving back from Greece

B&M

Visit site
I would check your car insurance to see what countries your insured to drive in. Macedonia is not in the EU and you may have to take out additional expensive insurance at the border.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I would check your car insurance to see what countries your insured to drive in. Macedonia is not in the EU and you may have to take out additional expensive insurance at the border.

Is it expensive? Many years ago a friend drove all over Europe without insurance cover for countries outside the nearby ones, France, Germany etc. He simply bought 3rd party at the borders of eastern countries and was surprised at how cheap it was. Things may have changed now but I would be interested to know.

michael_w

Visit site
On our last big road trip on 2016 we drove through a large slice of the balkans. At the non-EU countries we had to buy local 3rd Party insurance IIIRC it wasn't very expensive, just a few Euros for 10 days. Also, in most countries you have to buy a vignette/road tax too.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
On our last big road trip on 2016 we drove through a large slice of the balkans. At the non-EU countries we had to buy local 3rd Party insurance IIIRC it wasn't very expensive, just a few Euros for 10 days. Also, in most countries you have to buy a vignette/road tax too.

Was Macedonia part of your journey?