Dredging in Shotley Point Marina

pvb

Visit site
They've only written to owners whose boats will have to be moved. They're dredging the area from D pontoon to the G linear.

pks1702

Visit site
Thanks for the explanations.

I checked over this weekend and have 6.9 feet under me so I guess unless a deep keeler beyond the visitors linear there is justifiably no need.

Mind you Ipswich Haven could do with a look........

Stork_III

Visit site
Thanks for the explanations.

I checked over this weekend and have 6.9 feet under me so I guess unless a deep keeler beyond the visitors linear there is justifiably no need.

Mind you Ipswich Haven could do with a look........
Fairly big tides today, so marina is probably high. 6.9 ft gives me about 7 inches under keel, but it is soft. Fairway between H & J is shallow at the end VJS grounds sometimes.

pks1702

Visit site
Yes tides were pretty high this weekend.

6.9ft was the lowest reading I had 7.6ft was the highest I guess after water had 'topped' over the lock.

7" is not much clearance but it must be worth it being of on 'the friendly pontoon'!!

Your right though I had forgotten about VJS.

Stork_III

Visit site
Perhaps i'm wrong in assuming everyone has an email address lol

I gave them mine, had a fiver knocked of the lift out :)
Yes so did I. I suppose it depends on the response, until they get near universal coverage for emails they can't dispense with mailings. Half and half is perhaps too complicated for the office. I am sure everyone berthed at Shotley has an email address but it relies on them being supplied to the marina.

pks1702

Visit site
I gave them mine and spent the fiver on beer in the Shipwreck.............. priorities at the time I suppose :)