Dreaming of Marmaris

Tomsk

Visit site
Finally move on to the boat this next week.. house is gone, work all finished for now... time to start over hauling the boat for a potential get away early next year.

I was originally thinking about a couple of years cruising around Europe (French Canals, Med, Spain etc..).. but am now really fancying making a beeline for Marmaris in Turkey.

Unfortunately My current boat is a Mobo, and my plans to change back to sail will have to wait for some time now. With Fuel in mind I would therefore like to look at as direct a route to Turkey as possible..

Any body have route and passage suggestions?

<hr width=100% size=1>Tomsk -

Can I leave the planet please.. this one is broken!

Davy_S

Visit site
I would have thought that as your boat refuses to plane you would be better taking it easy and go through the French canal system. I will be based in the Ionian from beggining of November so a pint or two in the future would be good! We can toast the leaving of Fleetwood /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Tomsk

Visit site
Everybody sing.."It's not the leaving of Fleetwood that grieves me...."

Hi Dave! How's it going? It's the canals that I'm thinking about.. the boats happy doing anything between 4 and 12 knots so plenty of scope.. plans to become a raggie are being put on hold for a few years unless something wonderful happens in Turkey and I sell the boat!

When do you leave for warmer climes?

Davy_S

Visit site
I am putting one of the houses up for sale this weekend, will keep the other as a bit of security. As you know boat has been sold, so plan is to set off end of October spend the winter fixing pad up. Then pick up a boat next spring, toying with motor sailer, but choice of boat could change. Maybe go back to power! All depends on what I fancy but it will be under 20K as I need the cash!

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Suggest slowing down a bit and plan Turkey next year. After you pop out into the Med you could do the French Riviera then either Corsica (outstanding!) or the Italian Riviera (outstanding!) maybe winter in Rome where last year there were about 100 livaboards...then plan Turkey

<hr width=100% size=1>

Tomsk

Visit site
Very valid comment.. I had planned to take the trip slowly - over 3 or 4 months - but perhaps I would be foolish to miss out on such wonderful places..