Drama at Tedders on Wednesday night

teddington_lock

Visit site
I believe the salvage crew recovered the ' DUNKIRK 1940 ' plaque that the liitle ships have in their wheelhouse and gave it to John Tough who said he will return it to the ADLS.

bradtarga34

Visit site
When we were heading to Windsor last weekend on red boards the lock keeper at Chertsey told us that a NB had been caught by the weir stream but thankfully managed to end up being parelel to the piles. The lock keeper thought the boat was going to go straight over the weir, so must have been blimmin' frightening to see, luckily they 'just' got stranded on the piles. Mind you, the lockie had to go and close all the gates so the boat could get off...
We were very suprised to see 2 hire narrow boats coming down river through Penton Hook lock, one of the skipper got completely taken unawares by the weir stream and almost took out another boat we were travelling with heading up river, there's no way hire boats should be out in those conditions with inexperienced crew...

ADLS

Visit site
A very sad loss.

Ken was one of the first Dunkirkers I met, as I came into the bank Trad Boat Rally 1996 he put his plate of food down took my ropes, once I was settled he went back to his cold meal. I did warm him up later with a bottle of Dunkirk spirit.

Tantulas will be missed and her patent fender raising/lowering system.

Sue Condon

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to the couple who owned the Tantalus? Viv and Aurelie were good friends and neighbours of mine when I owned the boat next to theirs in Leigh-on-Sea, 2006-2008. I am gutted for them and the loss of their beautiful little home. The Tantalus was a gorgeous Dunkirk little ship, and this is so sad.