Dover marina

Crazy-Diamond

Visit site
I've had a search on the forum, and can't find this being discussed elsewhere, apologies if I missed it.

Has anyone got any experience of the new Dover marina? Their website states they made better progress than anticipated with the works that closed the marina to visitors over the summer, and they are able to take a limited number of visiting yachts. Has anyone been? Or are there any permanent berth holders here who can give a report on whether the new marina is now fit for purpose after all the modifications?

Biggles Wader

Visit site
They are definitely taking visitors now. Probably best to phone the marina and tell them when you want to stay and how long so they can find you an appropriate berth in the old or new bit.

Biggles Wader

Visit site
Just spoke to my local rellies and there is this week a dirty great pile driver thumping away putting in further swell baffles in the entrance to the new marina. They half cured the problem last year and I suspect this will complete the job. Other marinas have similar or worse problems, Dover is certainly a very professional operation.

AndrewB

Visit site
Only about half the berths in the new marina are yet open. You must book ahead if you would like to use it. As Biggles Wader says, at present further piles are being added to the entrance.

Other threads that may be of interest