Doral 250SE

G

Has anyone got one of these with a 5.7 Mercruiser installed.
If so Which propellor are you running, and is it any good. I really mean....does it take an hour to get up on the plane with a full tank + 4 adults (no picnic) or...

A great boat but full trim in (naturally) and Full down tabs is not what I call efficient!
I currently use a Revolution 4blade 19" s/s.....Would like to change to a 17" any suggestions ?

Regards.

terryw

Visit site
We have got a Doral 250SE on order, and it is great to see a posting from another owner. We are getting ours with the 5.0 Volvo, but as it has not arrived yet cannot tell you what the performance is like. However, when we went for the sea trial there were 3 adults in a diesel version on a rotten day, canopy on, and it got on the plane in about 10 seconds. The petrol should get up in about 5 seconds. The only agents in the UK are Simco Marine in Totnes, and are very helpful, a phone call may help you.

MART1N

Visit site
Guy next to me had a new one Summer 2000. Had quite a few problems including prop. He bought it intending to do water-skiing etc. but it wouldn't pick up quick enough.

Turned out [they said] the wrong prop had been fitted. In the end he gave it back and got his money back.