DONGLE

rivonia

Visit site
Hello all, I thought it might be good to share this info.

We have changed from WIND to VODAPHONE. The reason realy was that with Wind we only got 1GB for the month at a cost of €17.00 where as on VODOPHONE we get a massive 5GB for €30.00 a month and 3g speed is so much faster. It can be used the whole of greece and if we venture outside Greece, we inform them and they change it to roaming f.o.c.
we are much happier and great to listen to the BBC Radio every AM.

Fair winds

Peter

jimali

Visit site
Dongle

Hi Peter sounds interesting.

When you say they allow you to roam FOC do you mean they give you the facility for free or that the roaming charges are no different than you pay in Greece i.e. 30euro for 5 Gb.

Regards

Jim

rivonia

Visit site
Hi Peter sounds interesting.

When you say they allow you to roam FOC do you mean they give you the facility for free or that the roaming charges are no different than you pay in Greece i.e. 30euro for 5 Gb.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, as far as we are aware, Yes it is free BUT you have to specify which country. The problem with cosmote is that you HAVE to pay for the dongle/contract where as VODOPHONE is free. We went to every shop to find the best deal

Fair winds

Peter

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Jim, as far as we are aware, Yes it is free BUT you have to specify which country. The problem with cosmote is that you HAVE to pay for the dongle/contract where as VODOPHONE is free. We went to every shop to find the best deal

Fair winds

Peter

Hi Peter, I was hoping to use the Winds Q card which has 1GB for €9.00 unless that has gone out of the window.

Guitarrich

www.richandrews.co.uk
Vodafone UK

I have always been led to believe that you can't get data on Greek PAYG. You need to have a contract. However, my wife has just switched to data roaming on her UK vodafone contract. For an EXTRA £10 per month she gets 25MB per day. Maybe not enough for daily radio programmes, but certainly enough for our emailing and blog.

For radio listening in Greece and Turkey, I found the satellite system "World Space" seems to struggle on - at least providing BBC World Service in glorious stereo. It worked all through 2010, although all the online information about it says it's finished.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi Chris,
thanks for that. IGB was not enough for us hence we are now on 5 GB

Fair winds
Peter

Peter - it should be enough for us though - I hope its still available and this is not an out of date page.

Is the Wind shop easy to find in Levkas? should be there on April 3rd to stock up before cruising round south Peloponnese. I see your off to Northern Cyprus - good luck with that.

rivonia

Visit site
Peter - it should be enough for us though - I hope its still available and this is not an out of date page.

Is the Wind shop easy to find in Levkas? should be there on April 3rd to stock up before cruising round south Peloponnese. I see your off to Northern Cyprus - good luck with that.

Hi Chris, yes it is easy to find the Wind shop. If we are still here you can have my Wind Dongle
but it will cost 17€ a month and not €9. Have looked in the latest wind mag from the shop. No mention of the cheapo one.

Pm me and I will give you our e-mail address, then let me know when you are here. We can meet up.

Fair winds

Peter

DaveRo

Visit site
http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/client/cms/viewCmsPage.action?pageId=10046&menuId=10046

This looks like the one. ...
I looked to see what the roaming data charges (outside Greece) are with the €30/month plan.

The English page says:
5 The roaming service for Vodafone Mobile Broadband is automatically activated for all subscribers (new or existing ones) since the connection date. Use your connection abroad (with respective charges) without any additional forms or actions. In order to deactivate the roaming service, call 13830. For Roaming charges and daily/monthly tariffs click here.

But the 'click here' doesn't work. If I look at the Greek equivalent page the link works. Automatic translation yields:

Subscribers of the new programs Vodafone Unlimited program and Mobile Internet Unlimited can now use the packet data of their program, while roaming in 15 European countries (England, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Hungary, Portugal, Romania and Czech Republic).

Going back to the English page I see that 'Mobile Internet Unlimited' is a €50/month service - though whether it's the same service is hard to tell.

That seems to be different to what Vodfone told you.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/client/cms/viewCmsPage.action?pageId=10046&menuId=10046

I looked to see what the roaming data charges (outside Greece) are with the €30/month plan.

The English page says:
5 The roaming service for Vodafone Mobile Broadband is automatically activated for all subscribers (new or existing ones) since the connection date. Use your connection abroad (with respective charges) without any additional forms or actions. In order to deactivate the roaming service, call 13830. For Roaming charges and daily/monthly tariffs click here.

But the 'click here' doesn't work. If I look at the Greek equivalent page the link works. Automatic translation yields:

Subscribers of the new programs Vodafone Unlimited program and Mobile Internet Unlimited can now use the packet data of their program, while roaming in 15 European countries (England, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Hungary, Portugal, Romania and Czech Republic).

Going back to the English page I see that 'Mobile Internet Unlimited' is a €50/month service - though whether it's the same service is hard to tell.

That seems to be different to what Vodfone told you.

So good old Greece is out of step! Not included in European countries!