Dometic/ Waeco CRP40 Fridge

j24jam

Visit site
Hi all,

The fridge has packed up, no sign of life.

First stop I think is to bypass the thermostat - can anyone advise the size of resistor I should temporarily use to see if we can get the fridge working using this bypass...

If its not the thermostat I guess its the compressor thats failed, in which case a bin job for the whole unit?

THanks

VicS

Visit site
First thing check the power supply !

I cannot help re thermostat or its sensor but I note something in the instruction manual about the compressor only starting if the ambient temperature is above 16C ( seems odd !

j24jam

Visit site
Have removed it from the boat and tried it on a fresh 12V battery (known to be fully charged), and no change...

lustyd

Visit site
Check out Emily and Clark's channel on YT. They have several videos covering fridges in great detail and I am certain will help you troubleshoot. I believe the thermostat is effectively just a switch from memory and closes the two pins when calling for the pump

lustyd

Visit site
Also worth knowing when you're searching that your fridge is a Danfoss/Secop and you can safely ignore the Dometic/Waeco label since all they did was plumb it into the sled.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi all,

The fridge has packed up, no sign of life.

First stop I think is to bypass the thermostat - can anyone advise the size of resistor I should temporarily use to see if we can get the fridge working using this bypass...

If its not the thermostat I guess its the compressor thats failed, in which case a bin job for the whole unit?

THanks
Could be the thermostat, test by bridging the C and T terminals, no resistor needed.
Could be the control module, no easy test that i know of.
Could be the compressor, but that's the least likely thing.

vas

Visit site
download the bd35 danfoss manual showing the controller box and the terminals explaining what each does. There's a D (irrc) terminal that when wiring a 3 or 5mm LED (the right way round which I obvs don't remember ofhand) it will produce a number of flashes that tell you what's wrong.
That's a step you can take after Pauls #1 and before #2 which basically means you need to have another good controller to swap no other test that I know of/seen used on them.

And as others said, don't underestimate the need for juice to run. Use a voltometer and see what you get on short thickish wires and new spade terminals. Seen way too many issues being simple voltage drop/weak power supply.

V.