Doing myself

byron

RIP
Visit site
My mate checked to see what rate my Meter was set at. That is the coin meter visiting boats and yacht clubs use when wanting an electricity supply to a boat or marquee. It seems I have been charging about 6p a unit for 3-4 years. Looking at my latest bills I am being charged circa 12.1p a unit.
It now appears the coin meter cannot be altered above 7.5p. It seems I will have to install a new meter of the Credit Card variety and sell folks £5 cards. This seems crazy because using a fiver's worth of electric even over a weekend is nigh on impossible. Whilst I am not happy about my losses I don't want to rip off people.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how the coin meter can be increased I would be most appreciative.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
My mate checked to see what rate my Meter was set at. That is the coin meter visiting boats and yacht clubs use when wanting an electricity supply to a boat or marquee. It seems I have been charging about 6p a unit for 3-4 years. Looking at my latest bills I am being charged circa 12.1p a unit.
It now appears the coin meter cannot be altered above 7.5p. It seems I will have to install a new meter of the Credit Card variety and sell folks £5 cards. This seems crazy because using a fiver's worth of electric even over a weekend is nigh on impossible. Whilst I am not happy about my losses I don't want to rip off people.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how the coin meter can be increased I would be most appreciative.

Could you give up on the meter altogether and just charge peeps who want leccy a fixed charge per day? Lockable cover and they pay for a key?