Does anyone know this marina?

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Looks a bit like Hythe, but only been there once and it was a long time ago, and it was on the way to a Scuttlebutt Cherbourg trip so memories are a bit hazy.

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
Looks to me like Ocean Village Portsmouth

Well, I know Ocean Village in Southampton but do not know of one in Portsmouth?

The roofs are all wrong for Ocean Village in Southampton and the roofs are all wrong for Port Solent too which is the nearest I have found to date.

It is like Port Solent and also like the small marina village behind Brighton Marina.

The yachts all seem to be sub 30-35 foot so it was suggested it might be east coast (bilge keelers), but I do not know any village type berths on the east coast?

jimi

Visit site
My first thought was Hythe, I was berthed there for a few years, but as it was a few years ago I would'nt stake my life on it!

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
Thanks for all the replies.

The photographs were taken by a female Marine Engineer from Montevideo, Uruguay and she had a whirlwind visit to the UK in May 2011 and did not know which marinas that she had visited.

She visited Ipswich, Port Solent, Haslar but the unknown one that has now a name is Hythe Marina. :)

One photograph from near the RNLI boat and the other from just along the quay across the lock gates:

50° 52.564'N 001° 24.037'W - Looking WSW.

50° 52.495'N 001° 23.919'W - Looking SW.

Thanks again