Docking & Anifoul 20m

Tex

Visit site
Hi.
Interested to know how frequently a 20m, GRP, workboat would require docking and antifouling if operating approx 150-200 days a year.

Better still, can any one give an approximate cost for this?

Many thanks

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
Trying to working on likely costs for maintaining new vessel (probably GRP Cat) to be based, West of Scotland/Northern Ireland

Work on 10% purchase price for all inclusive running costs then you won't go far wrong.
This sum would include insurance - routine maintenance - berthing - fuel - miscellaneous cost of replacement of failed items - I trust this assists :cool:

Tex

Visit site
Thanks but wanting idea on frequency of docking required and likely cost of this given size and high hours at sea.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Thanks but wanting idea on frequency of docking required and likely cost of this given size and high hours at sea.

Antifouling requirement will be reduced by high usage; fouling organisms grow less readily on a hull that is moving through the water. Presuming she's not wooden, I can't think of many other reasons to get her out of the water, barring mechanical break-down. So, I'd reckon that once a year would be plenty. All engine maintenance can be done in the water.