Do you recognise this boat?

burgundyben

Visit site
There used toy be H Pearn and sons Ltd. During trouble times the firm split in to two separate firms, my Uncle Gerald Pearn Ltd and Norman Pearn & Co Ltd. Both had there owen design of speed boats. My uncle Gerald Pearn designed 2 versions of Miss Looe and made quite a few. My father Norman Pearn built the Sea flight 26ft 6ins, we only built two, one going down to the Mediterranean and the other I believe running from Bournemouth.

I asked because I'd love for someone to write a history of those speedboats.

David Pearn

Visit site
Bit more progress this weekend, got both sides in and to a point where i am happy with them, next stop will be to get the roof on (still need to get the Stuart engine running though, that's in the garage for now, im thinking about a suitable upgrade but struggling to find a small diesel lump of around 2hp that will fit)

She is definitely a Sea Shanty 14' 3" Sea Shanty 14. I probably built her down at the Millpool boat yard where now I have passed the rains on to my son Alaster Pearn. My Name id David Pearn, and my father was Norman Pearn who designed both the Sea Shanty 14 and the Sea Shanty 18, (17' 9"). Anything more I can help with then please do ask. Oh, what happens engine is in her? As I can certainly strip the 1 1/2hp and the 5 hp Stuart Turner down in my sleep still!

Visit site
Hope the photo #34 will help you to restore her lines. Mine was powered with a Stuart R3M 1.5 Hp with reverse gear, and a beautiful brass gear lever! And gave a creditable 6 knots under power. Cruised the Medway, Thames the East Coast and the Estuary and would 'bob' about out there whilst bigger stuff would run for cover. Eventually sold it to a chap from Amersham to use up the Thames in 1976 to fund the deposit for our first home. Now own a Fjord 815

David Pearn

Visit site
Hi everyone.
I've recently bought my first boat/project/barnfind, it's a 15ft sailing boat (the guy I bought it off said it was a Norman Sea Shanty) with a Stuart R3M inboard and I'm struggling to find any information about it, the sales are dated to 1981 but that's as close as I can get without finding a makers plate.

It's a fibreglass hull and deck, with a (currently rotten) wooden cabin, hopefully I'm looking to rebuild the cabin and get it out on the water, hopefully someone on here recognises it as it would be interesting to know a bit about its history

What would you like to know?