Distress call procedure cribsheet

wooslehunter

Visit site
Add to it with an idiots guide to switching on the radio along with pics if possible. the chances are the time when you fall over the side, the only people on board will be mates who have never been on a boat before. Mr Sod strikes again.

cliff

Visit site
Why not make your own on your computer and print it off. It took me about 10 minutes to produce one for both VHF and DSC including an "idiots guide" on "how to" use the radio. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

Jonny_H

www.freewebs.com
If you send for the free RNLI Safety at Sea pack there is a sticker in there, although it's quite small writing and generic so you need to know how to use your radio.

I made my own and got it laminated - took all of 10 minutes and much easier to use (hopefully!) you can also write your name phonetically (spelling?!) to help crew remember it in an emergency

Jonny

Spyro

Visit site
First search on google,
SEE HERE
scroll to bottom of page.
A DSC radio should give the coastgaurd all info required as long as it is registered to the correct vessel and connected to a GPS.

franky

Visit site
Only one by the RADIO.I have one on the heads wall to give people something to read whilst seated.I also stick a procedure sheet on the inside front cover of all the pilot books and on the inside front cover of the log book.They don't cost anything so make use of them.

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You'll find it in the RNLI Sea Safety CD you can order for free from their website

[/ QUOTE ]Or you can buy one from some scrote on Ebay /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>