disorg coliholic

G

Now, I do recall you threatening a sea trip this season, Colin. So how about finding out how much to drag and splash Aquacarpet somewhere Scoastish in July/late june, and you can have a jolly time after the "rally", returning Gt Ouse by sea. I can contrib to cost for passing out on board/nearby pontoon privileges, and promise I won't recommend turning engines off at all. Call 020 8303 3329 w. Otherwise it's Haydn's yeukt charter, but higher dettol costs.

G

Where you bin.

We've all been running this site single handed,

sort of !!

G

Hey H, I though you were still considering a first outing from Holyhead to Southampton. Our toilets are O.K. honest. They have these little blue flush things fitted.We also have transport back up organised so we could drop you off on the way back.

G

Might just do that Bill.

When you thinking of going.

Your sure about the toilet though!!

Attachments

• 2025.jpg
    2025.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
G

The boat is loading up the first week of April so we thought it best to do it the weekend 24th / 25th March in case we come up against some bad weather (and have to have you picked up elsewhere and run home)All ideas to be evaluated and suggestions gladly received. We thought, leave the Clyde Friday night about 5pm if it is not "The Perfect Storm" weather,then we would hope to come in to Holyhead first thing in the morning to re-fuel. Then head for Padstow, another 10 hours, and be in there to have a decent meal and a sleep before it gets dark.Round the corner on Sunday and stop somewhere along the south coast as we thought it would be too much to Padstow to Southampton in one go.That is cruising at 24/25 knots which she easily does.She will do 33/35 when flat out.Open to suggestions on where to stop. Torbay? Weymouth? Then into Southampton on the Monday.Nobody looked keen when it was suggested that we could make Southampton on the Sunday night but it might be getting dark! Back up the road on Monday night.Did that sound too easy. It did to me.What's life if not an adventure.By the way, only one toilet is electric in case the batteries go flat.

G

Sorry lads....

...since he came sailing Colin sold Aquaholic and is negotiating for a nice Westerley or Moody now.

G

Re: Oh no I\'m not

That was a long sail in the Windies since Xmas wasn't it? How'd you like rag'n sticks then?

OK in answer to your query, and in the unlikely event that you're not actually taking the p***, I'm ahead of the game here and actually have a cunning plan agreed with "the management". We're booked on one of the MBY cruise in company things and are doing the Zeeland cruise from Ramsgate starting end July. That way I get to do " le continent" and she gets the security of others around. Good compromise eh? Suggested by another BB'er and she went for it. I told her you recommeded it too so she was all for it. Its all booked and paid for before Chrimbo and we got the acceptance confirmed during the Boat Show. Right now I'm doing the Yachtmaster shore course, got the CEVNI course organised, ICC still to finalise. Only thing is I've not decided how to get to Ramsgate yet. "She's" under the impression that we're going to have it trucked there, i'm not so sure. Tempted to take it round by sea. Fancy a day (or two)out? Should be easy, I know the way to Yarmouth now from the Wash, so I'll just follow the old route, sort of hold it upside down that should do the trick eh? In the process of fixing the boat, had the injectors serviced, two of them were a bit gummed up and one was completely blocked so that may have been the source of the oil? Having the turbo's off this weekend for overhaul, quoted £175 each. Does that sound good? Oh and I've fitted a high tech device to stop the batttery switches switching themselves off. Wired them together with a plastic twist grip. Plan to market this to the marine market for only 50 quid each or 125 a pair. (Boater's are a pretty thick bunch the prices they pay for things so I should make a fortune). Of course I can't tell anyone about it on the BB 'cos that'd be advertising and we mustn't do that.

As for taking the boat to the Weymouth do, I think that's pushing my luck a bit, but plan to make the trip by car. P'raps Haydn'll let me polish his boat or fill it up with diesel for him?

See we've not all been totally idle since you've been away.

G

Re: What are they doing to your Turbos for £175 each. nm

nm

G

Re: What are they doing to your Turbos for £175 each. nm

Strip dow, inspect, clean, renew bushes & seals, reassemble and dynamic balance, 12 mth guarantee. I've never stripped one down and the workshop manual says you need special tools and balancing is a bit tricky without. Of course if anyone knows different, or recommend somewhere else...?

G

Only place that needs weighing up is Padstow cos you need the tide and also without strong winds from North-ish.

I once got within 15 miles then got a strong wind warning.

( thought the force 4 was a bit lumpy, it was higher than my flybridge)!!

Took the only detour. 70 miles to Swansea.

With a F7 behind me.

Probabley best to say Fishgard or Milford Haven (cos its safe) and see what happens. If ok then Padstow or even Penzance. sept Newlin next door is better for tides and fuel. Though its a dump !

After that no real problem.

I'm guessing cos charts are on the boat but it will be close.

Depending on time rounding Lands End. And you sort of need no wind from anywhere cos it gets you one way or tother.

Falmouths easy and no tide. Fuel Barge. Stop in town marina.

Straight across the bay to Salcolmbe. About 60 miles, Fuel barge. Avoid if strong wind from South.

Plymouth on the way if need be. Or Dartmouth round the corner if need be.

After that theres about 70 miles of nothing, across the bay to Weymouth. or Pool maybe another 40

Weather in March April or May is very iffy.

Without being a spoil sport. If youve got a dead line

I'd be setting off now-ish and doing it in hops

when weather allows or dare I say a truck.

It's why they call Padstow. THE GLUE POT. Cos once your there !!!!

And it gets a bit more bumpy than the Clyde !!

Bill give me a call on 01706 220960 if need or e me.

I've got all the charts and pilots for the whole route From Clyde. but on the boat in Plymouth !! Could send for them ??

Haydn.

G

Only place that needs weighing up is Padstow cos you need the tide and also without strong winds from North-ish.

I once got within 15 miles then got a strong wind warning.

( thought the force 4 was a bit lumpy, it was higher than my flybridge)!!

Took the only detour. 70 miles to Swansea.

With a F7 behind me.

Probabley best to say Fishgard or Milford Haven (cos its safe) and see what happens. If ok then Padstow or even Penzance. sept Newlin next door is better for tides and fuel. Though its a dump !

After that no real problem.

I'm guessing cos charts are on the boat but it will be close.

Depending on time rounding Lands End. And you sort of need no wind from anywhere cos it gets you one way or tother.

Falmouths easy and no tide. Fuel Barge. Stop in town marina.

Straight across the bay to Salcolmbe. About 60 miles, Fuel barge. Avoid if strong wind from South.

Plymouth on the way if need be. Or Dartmouth round the corner if need be.

After that theres about 70 miles of nothing, across the bay to Weymouth. or Pool maybe another 40

Weather in March April or May is very iffy.

Without being a spoil sport. If youve got a dead line

I'd be setting off now-ish and doing it in hops

when weather allows or dare I say a truck.

It's why they call Padstow. THE GLUE POT. Cos once your there !!!!

And it gets a bit more bumpy than the Clyde !!

Bill give me a call on 01706 220960 if need or e me.

I've got all the charts and pilots for the whole route From Clyde. but on the boat in Plymouth !! Could send for them ??

Haydn.

P.S Dont forget that the boat might do 25 Knots

But 8 is sometimes the max and I once did 3 Knots for about 6 miles.

Now about that toilet again !!!!!!