Dirty Boats In Bristol

louisderry

Visit site
Hello all, I have a litre of Grunt boat cleaner that I need to do a product review on, bit of a strange request but has anyone in the Bristol area got a dirty boat and access to a water supply to clean it- I need to put it to the test so when I say Dirty I mean pig in a sty dirty, miley cirus on on tour dirty you get the drift. Free litre of grunt cleaner and a hand cleaning your boat :encouragement:

Sneds

Visit site
Bristol City Docks is full of old dirty rotting hulks, shame as the docks should be the Jewell in the city's crown

There a a few decent folk down there though, who. Any take you up,on your offer

shan

Visit site
You should be looking at Swansea. Thanks to the black dust emanating from Port Talbot, the boats are all covered in the stuff.

louisderry

Visit site
You should be looking at Swansea. Thanks to the black dust emanating from Port Talbot, the boats are all covered in the stuff.

Hmm perhaps then ! Had the same problem in Southwick - West Sussex every now and again the chimnet would fire up covering everyone in dust!

louisderry

Visit site
It's rather pervasive in Swansea! If you want to give it a go, I'll let you know when we are there next.

Might have to be this week as I'm a bit behind on this one so i'll keep looking - but thanks for the offer Shan :encouragement:

Last edited:

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Hey Sandy, I like to get a general consensus on a product, why were you not appy with it and what where you trying to remove?:encouragement:
Hello Louise

Just trying to remove the usual brown mark at the water line that is common on the Exe. It just did not touch it. Applied the gunk, I liked that bit as it stuck to the hull, left it for an hour and then removed it. The waterline stain was still there. Back to the oxalic acid which did its usual magic. I am impressed with the companies other products, polish and wax, and will be using them again.

louisderry

Visit site
Hello Louise

Just trying to remove the usual brown mark at the water line that is common on the Exe. It just did not touch it. Applied the gunk, I liked that bit as it stuck to the hull, left it for an hour and then removed it. The waterline stain was still there. Back to the oxalic acid which did its usual magic. I am impressed with the companies other products, polish and wax, and will be using them again.

Alright Sandy thankyou for the feedback

Visit site
Another vote for oxalic. I mix a bit of wallpaper paste in with it so it doesn't just run down the hull. Amazing stuff.
Edit..Tried all the usual stain removal stuff, but it didn't touch the yellow staining. Sorry.