Dinghy (inflatable) cleaning?

kirielad

Visit site
Anyone have any tips or recommended potions and lotions for cleaning general grime / boot marks, etc from a (2 year old) inflatable that's been left inflated in a dinghy rack all winter please?

Also on inspecting it today I noticed a coating of sticky goo on a large area of the bow - god knows what it is or where it came from, but it has the stickiness of fly paper!

Rob

discovery2

Visit site
The sticky goo is probably sun/UV deteoriation of the PVC fabric. Don't think there is much that can be done to prevent it - other than keeping it indoors!
Jif or similar kichen cleaner also works (with a lot of elbow grease!).
I used Starbrite black streak remover on my dinghy (it is made from hypalon, not PVC) earlier this year and remoned the marks quite well - but I used two bottles on an 8' dinghy!

JIMCAT

Visit site
Oven Cleaner used as for cleaning Ovens. After a few minutes squirt some washing up liquid over the foam and rub well in, rinse off, the inflatable will be like new. My Plastimo has had 4years of this treatment here in the Med still cleans up like new. Polish afterwards helps the treatment to last longer.

A

Anonymous

We've just bought the Polymarine Inflatable Boat Cleaner and it is magic. No effort needed for the worst dirt and is excellent for topsides too. Bit expensive (out here, anyway) €12.50 - how much is it in the UK?

I would never, ever clean a tender or really dirty topsides without it again. Brought our fenders and lifebuoys up a treat as well - unbelievable.

Wear rubber gloves. Important.

I'd love to know what's in it out of curiosity not to be cheapskate and buy the generic.