Dinard ?

MacMan

sailtoanywhere.blogspot.com
Anyone ever visited Dinard ? Any advice ?

Tom's shell channel pilot doesn't really cover it much.

- the charts show an anchorage - it's dries but that's fine by me - is there actually room to anchor and is the bottom nice sand ? The shelter looks "OK" but any real world views appreciated.

There is also a Marina - mentioned below there appears to be three visitor berths but other site/guides say no. Anyone used them ?

Some of my info is from here http://www.bretagne-info-nautisme.fr/Dinard.html?lang=fr&retour=back

Yes I know there are plenty of other options in St Malo/Rance but considering a crew swap a Dinard airport

All written from a 33 foot Prout Cat perspective with limited French ;-)

Cheers

Mudisox

Visit site
Dinard Airport is miles away, has no public transport. Best bet is to go up into the Rance beyond the barrier and taxi from there. La Richardais is closest.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
I visited some years back (1980's). 'Borrowed' a mooring buoy in the bay SE of the town and took the dingy to an old slipway. Had to carry it up to the top due to tide range.
Nice town, it has a Victorian feel to it.
Through the barrage at Cancaval or Tregonde might be easier for a crew swap, no tidal issues and close to the Airport.

MacMan

sailtoanywhere.blogspot.com
Thanks for your replies guys but

Dinard Airport is miles away, has no public transport. Best bet is to go up into the Rance beyond the barrier and taxi from there. La Richardais is closest.

Thanks for your responses guys - I will be single handed on the way there - and although possible I will probably avoid going through the lock and the fun it entails.

I am surprised about the comment about the airport being miles away - The Ryanair website says

"Dinard Airport is situated 5 km southwest from Dinard , 12 km from Saint Malo and 85 km from Rennes. There is a taxi service from the airport and the cost to Dinard is approximately €13.00 and it will take you 10 minutes. It will take you 20 minutes and cost approximately €20.00 to go to Saint Malo."

Now I know Ryan's Air's reputation but surely they can print a complete lie ?

I'll check out the other options you mention but I think they are all through the tidal barrage

oldbilbo

Visit site
I notice you seem to have a Prout Quest cat, so that makes rather a lot of difference.

Here are some recollections of a week's Multihull Race Regatta there some years ago, as guests of the Yacht Club de Dinard, a rather 'upper class' outfit.

The moorings area is very shallow and chockabloc with locals. There is a narrow dredged lane close inshore, west, which is used by local ferries almost continuously. Anchoring on the outside of the locals' moorings, in deeper water, is a 'no-no', for the tidal streams just there are rather fierce.

It should be possible to get your Prout right onto the small beach in the SW corner - Baie du Prieurie - and stroll up the hill into Dinard propre.
Caution - there are 'pikeys' thereabouts, too, although they tend to speak Albanian.

BaieduPrieurie.jpg