Dignity Dan

pvb

Visit site
Haven't seen anything to indicate one way or another.. If he is sailing at the moment.. he will be getting a wiggle on... or sitting in a lifeboat.

On Monday, he posted this ...

Good Morning

We have recently bought a 26ft Sailboat in Portland and have to sail her up to the Humber On Friday 26th May. It would be me and my friend and yourself if you fancy it? Let me know ASAP as obviously time is of the essence
Thanks
Danny

hinch

Visit site
You are either being ghoulish or sensible.. We don't know if he actually set off? ..... which I really hope he didn't.

honestly meant as tongue in cheek but in reality probably a little of both i wouldn't want to be out in this weather with any kind of inexperienced person even with an experienced skipper. I know he did say they were going to look at other days to go but still its a genuine concern.

xyachtdave

Visit site

Marmalade

Visit site
Think on the previous thread the OP had said he was postponing the trip to later in the year. Certainly wouldn't fancy it out there today in a 26 footer (although it looks fairly well found) - mind you - you wouldn't need much sail up - scrap of headsail and a strong stomach should suffice. Think also, looking at the size of the cockpit that I'd be keen to clip on.

Aquaboy

Visit site
I personally would want to take it for a shake cruise to check the rig and sails ........ Seeing as its a sailing yacht....

Caraway

Visit site
On Monday, he posted this ...
I think that was Sunday.

On Monday he posted this .....
thanks again for all the responses. The sail has been postponed. We have found an experienced captain to sail up with us in a few weeks. We are splitting the sail into 2 legs maybe stopping somewhere near Norfolk and coming back after a couple of weeks.

I knew it would be a big risk and a huge challenge to sail her back alone but may have slightly underestimated the task ahead. Hence the reason I made the post to get some advice before we committed.

thanks again

Which sounds much safer.