digital charts etc

RelaxedatSea

Visit site
Does anyone know of a cheap digital chart of the solent / south coast, which gives a tidal stream overlay, and tidal height predictions. I don't want to give up the old fashioned methods, but it would help with weekend sail planning. Can you get whether map overlays, and would this cost a lot more?

<hr width=100% size=1>

robmurray

Visit site
I can recommend the Seapro software with live charts. They do Seapro lite whcih is inexpensive and the charts cost the same as paper ones. The full Seapro has weather overlays - not sure that Lite does.
web site is euronav.co.uk

<hr width=100% size=1>

robmurray

Visit site
I can recommend Seapro software with live charts (look like normal ones) from Euronav. Charts cost the same as paper but software is several hundred pounds althought they do Seapro Lite which is cheap. Seapro has weather overlays but not sure that lite does
Try euronav.co.uk for details
Always controversial on here but this is increasingly the future of navigation with paper as a back-up

<hr width=100% size=1>

SL23

Visit site
I saw the MAPTECH charts / software at LBS.

You buy the electronic charts for the area you need for £99 and the software comes with it.

It has tidal overlays for planning. The more expensive versions have real time tidal info.

They have a web site with a demo avaialable.

Not sure how it compares with the others though

<hr width=100% size=1>

Peppermint

Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another bo
Visit site

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Re: Your review

“20% on the left hand margin having the control icons and readouts.”
Pity that you didn’t insert a picture of the control icons and readouts,
maybe you still can?

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Your review

best tool for screen shots that I know is Paint Shop Pro. It has been a feature of the programme from the very beginning and works very well - you can capture the entire screen or just the bit that interests you. Very satisfied user /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
Re: With an Apple Mac...

Of course, if all you want is the whole screen, you dont need any software - shift PrtSc, copies it and you can then paste into any other application.

Oops not on a mac..

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by qsiv on 30/01/2004 06:43 (server time).</FONT></P>

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
Its not cheap, but Navmaster has an excellent Proudman Tidal Stream add-on which calculates courses based on a full tidal grid. Normally based on about half a mile points, and an area that covers the whole of the UK up to the Baltic, a fine grained model is also available for local south coast waters. I use the package almost exclusively for Tidal planning now. (You dont need the high-res charts to work the tidal bit - a large scale Admiralty for the area will do. )

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
Re: Oh yes you can

Dammit - consistency between two rivals? What next, two peripherals that use the same implementation of the RS232 standard? No - relax that will never happen!

<hr width=100% size=1>

robind

Visit site
Re: Fugawi

Has anyone tried Fugawi (yes thats its name) they are at www.fugawi.com, they have a great system.
you can download from the net and also one other one is Ozieplorer.com also a buget programme but good. American charts are I believe available economically from the coastguard site too.
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rejuvanu.com>RejuVanu</A>

Mariner

Visit site
Various software is available at:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.marinercomputers.co.uk/acatalog/navsoft.html>http://www.marinercomputers.co.uk/acatalog/navsoft.html</A>
email your address and we will send you a free CDROM with various demos on for you to try.

<hr width=100% size=1>