difference between Patio Magic and Wet and Forget

srah1953

Visit site
Any chemists out there? Anybody know the difference between Patio Magic and Wet and Forget, both are supposed to kill the green stuff? Patio Magic contains Benzalkonium chloride and Wet and Forget contains Alkyl dimethyl ammonium chloride.
Thanks

alant

Visit site
Any chemists out there? Anybody know the difference between Patio Magic and Wet and Forget, both are supposed to kill the green stuff? Patio Magic contains Benzalkonium chloride and Wet and Forget contains Alkyl dimethyl ammonium chloride.
Thanks

No idea, but wouldn't Tesco thin bleach, diluted, do the same thing?

VicS

Visit site
Thanks

Get the name right for the composition of Wet and Forget and you have basically the same stuff .... benzalkonium chloride

Also in Polycell 3 in 1 and numerous other products

Doing a crude comparison at the moment between Polycell and Kleeneze Anti mould and mildew (dunno what's in that except that its not bleach) on the car window seals. Both equally effective.

Dilute bleach is safe and effective on grp

Last edited:

srah1953

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I can't say now whether I got the composition of Wet and Forget correct. I took it off the container that someone had.
Rather than on GRP, I'm looking to use something on lazy bag and sprayhood, which will clean without damage to material and thread.
Cheers

Hydrozoan

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I can't say now whether I got the composition of Wet and Forget correct. I took it off the container that someone had.
Rather than on GRP, I'm looking to use something on lazy bag and sprayhood, which will clean without damage to material and thread.
Cheers

Well, product formulations do sometimes differ from one country to another, or with domestic and industrial variants, but I think it likely that you just missed the benzyl. I've used Patio Magic on ropes and covers - AFAIK without damage to fabric or thread.