diesel v petrol

oldgit

Visit site
Ahem. Next time I see Tony (2nd in command of Known Universe) down the pub/gym/battle field.I am going to ask when he is going to get rid of the outrageous subsidy given to marine diesel(heavy noisy smelly oily slick on water cost fortune to maint.) users.As opposed to the very fair n resonable prices paid by us petrol(quiet clean etc) peeps.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Blimey oldgit, dont do that or you'll spoil everything. Every time I see Tony I tell him he's got to be fair and give you petrol guys on boats the same deal as the diesel fellows!
Last time we spoke he was beginning to come round but he's been a bit pre-occupied recently playing second lead in an international entertainment spectacular ( no, come to think of it not that spectacular) but rumour has it he's thinking of staying home a bit more cos those he left behind seem to be more brown than he is.

boatone@boatsonthethames.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Dunno why we got involved.We only stick our oar in when usa looks like losing its god given rIght to use petrol like its going out of fashion.IMHO

Geoffs

Visit site
With you all the way there oldgit. Maybe that's because my ex SWMBO says I'm THE oldgit!

Seriously though, when diesel duty is 'harmonised', good word innit, with the EC (what is it 2007 now?) will petrol duty be harmonised as well? Somehow I doubt it. In fact I know it won't any more than DERV will be.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: incredibly intellegent Stupid Old Git. NM

Aha verbal abuse I reconise that from her indoors.I am now gouing to invent a windometer which which MUST be fitted to All sailing craft, this will enable the government to tax all the wind energy that the freeloading raggies have been squandering for the last 3000 yrs (appx)This must of course be retrospective tax..