Diesel heater

steveallan

Visit site
Source of the info please .
My Chinese 8 kw slightly smaller and lighter heating module fits easily into my existing eber case
The case supplied with the Chinese eber was good quality aluminium but the outlet was smaller than my existing eber ducting.
The heating efficiency seems similar to the old eber which needed a new control board (about twice the cost of the Chinese heater
kit).

oldharry

Visit site
Two words of advice from the main Facebook Chinese Heater pages confirmed by my own experience:

1: Pay a little extra and buy a branded model through a UK supplier/warehouse. They use differentt electronics according to which Chinese factory built them, and without a UK agent you will have real trouble locating the right spares.

2. VERY IMPORTANT: the silencers supplied with these things are only spot welded on the corners. They are designed for external use, where it doesnt matter, but inside a boat will leak fumes and CO into the living space. Get a decent properly sealed stainless one

And install it in a way you can remove it fairly easily. Mine has run fine for 2 years now, but not everyone is so lucky. If you have problems you very will soon get to the point where it is cheaper simply to buy a new one on labour charges alone!

As others have said, 8kw is usally 5kw so dont waste money.

Fire99

Visit site
The 5kw / 8kw thing is interesting in that there are a few people on the internet who are convinced there are 8kw Chinese heaters out there and it is entirely possible there are some somewhere that have different body sizes to the 5kw but by and large this is my take on it.
The 8kw is just the 5kw with the hz rate cranked up. I think (and I say think) 5.5hz on the controller is around the 5kw mark (though they are completely different measurements). However, I've cranked mine up to over 7hz and it was like a volcano of heat (not force) coming out, and the fuel consumption to match, so that could be getting towards 8kw of heat energy.

But the body is still the same so you won't be able to drive any more volume of air since the little fan is still the same diameter and the absolute max on all the controllers I've played with is 5000rpm.

I'm having a play with 28ml (or 0.028ml) pump instead of the 22ml. So far all that happens is that you just run it at lower hz to get the same output. I'm toying with cranking it up and seeing what a 28ml pump does at 7.2hz. Probably lots of smoke but we shall see. :D