Did you work on Royal Yacht Britannia?

markfergsuon101

Visit site
My name is Mark Ferguson and I and working on a BBC Series looking the History of Royal Weddings. The programme is a 4 part series due to be transmitted the week of Prince William and kates Wedding.

One of the topics we are looking at is how the Royals honeymooned over the years and we would love to speak to anyone who worked onboard Britannia during one of the Royal honeymoons.

I have secured access to film on board the Royal Yacht Britannia on Monday 7th march and we would love to do an interview with someone then.

The interview will only take an hour and will be very relaxed and conversational. The overall piece will be very celebratory.

If you served on board in any capacity and would like to share your memories, please give me a call on 07765140870 or drop me and email at mark.ferguson@bbc.co.uk

Thank you for your time.

Mark Ferguson

Poignard

Visit site
I did not.

One interesting (?) fact is that ratings on the Royal Yacht used to be paid an extra allowance of one shilling a day. I'm not sure why but it was suggested to me that this was to compensate them for not being allowed to head straight for the drink dens and brothels when the ship arrived anywhere.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
One interesting (?) fact is that ratings on the Royal Yacht used to be paid an extra allowance of one shilling a day. I'm not sure why but it was suggested to me that this was to compensate them for not being allowed to head straight for the drink dens and brothels when the ship arrived anywhere.

Brothels? I thought the Britannia's crew were notoriously disinclined in that direction.

www.gallantspirit.com
Hi I am an ex submariner who served on her for a time in 1991 as ocean crew
most people would be very suprised as I was at the time to find out just how succesfull she was at attracting business to the UK, she hosted many at sea business days and was a great asset to our country.

Grimslion

Visit site
i never being to that ship but would love to be on that and i remember my brother was there on that ship and he share very good memories with us