Details of your Boat

Brayman

Visit site
I think you are missing the point, from that website I cannot tell which is your boat. I would have no problem with a web site that tells you all that my car registration exists. It WOULDN'T tell you it was mine nor where I lived nor where I kept it.

BG1

Visit site
Hi Beryl

A far more revealing website is the ITU. If you have a ships radio fitted to your boat someone can look up the boats name and find your Surname and then with both names, electoral roll, etc, where you live.....
A burglar can then check if the boats out, the house is likely to be empty - scarey!

(14yr old Volvo, 1 heated seat, cup holders) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

apollo

Visit site
(Two wheeler with stabilisers and a panier)

That would be the Zimmerf rame GL model then? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is that the one with power assisted steering? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
The site has been know to many of us for some two years. I fail to see any problem. In the old days when Lloyds List was published you could not only get the scant details Shead supplies, you could get a complete breakdown including the name of the owner.
the last Lloyds was published in 1980 the Debretts published the same information for two years

neale

Visit site
There is a site that does detail if a car registration exists. It also states the make and model, colour (I think), the date it was last taxed and when the tax or SORN is due.

Chris_d

Visit site
I don't see this as a problem, I've looked on this site a few times for old boats of mine to see if they are still about. In fact it would be better if it contained some more information, useful when checking for boats for sale to verify engine spec etc... previous owners etc...
Its no different to going to the DVLA site and doing a search on a registration number, tells you make and engine size tax expiry date etc.... http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles.aspx

I'm not sure how this information can be used againest you?

Beryl

Visit site
Hi all

Thank you for your responses but I think you misunderstood the point I was making. I am not concerned with anyone tracing me via my boat but I think it is wrong that people can publish details of my private property without my permission. The registration number of my boat, it's make and model and engines are all listed. It is interesting to note that not one person who is in favour of the listing has put the details of their car on this site. Your spare time and your hobbies should be private but Chris_d doesn't seem to mind. So Chris Just to give you an example of how nothing is sacred. I hope you enjoyed your trip into Abingdon on 29th October 2006 where you moored nearly opposite the church. Four persons onboard and a dog! I won't give your home mooring details but these were once listed.

Best wishes
Beryl

Chris_d

Visit site
Blimey Beryl, I hate the internet you think your safe talking to people who you assume must be miles away and it turns out they live round the corner, or are you a spook. If you can tell me where the boat was on the 23rd July say, i'll be impressed and err... slightly more worried.

Beryl

Visit site
Spook would be more like it and I live a minimum of 70 miles away from you. My access to information is vast and should not be used for these purposes so I don't want to risk too many downloads. Don't forget to put the information about your car on your next post. Or are you worried!

Best wishes
Beryl

Chris_d

Visit site
We'll I'm certainly intrigued how you got that information, I guess some could come from Lockeepers records but that wouldn't explain how where we moored, I can't even remember how many people were on board myself, think it was only 3 or was Beryl my own personel stalker there!

pheran

Visit site
She said she lived 70 miles from you, not that she was 70 miles from Abingdon on 29/10. We could work up several plausible explanations as to why she knew you were there. People who claim access to sources of information that 'you cannot begin to imagine exist' are normally trying to pull the wool. Genuine cases would not advertise they knew, especially on open forums such as this.

Chris_d

Visit site
We'll this is a bit spooky or is it, I keep a log of every trip and that was practicaly the only trip we made in October on the 29th to Abingdon, there were 3 on board + dog and we did indeed moor at the downstream end of the Abingdon bridge free moorings roughly opposite the church, but so does everyone.
How of course its easy to get carried away thinking of how she could have accessed EA records, found my name possibly tracked my mobile (historicaly I don't think possible), used satalite imagery, used EA boat movement records (which i'm sure aren't that detalied) etc, etc....

Actualy I think she got lucky, Beryl was visiting Abingdon and walked past, not many boats about. Several people spoke to me whilst I was on the bankside playing with the dog, he's a bit more sociable than me and plays with anyone!

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Genuine cases would not advertise they knew, especially on open forums such as this.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's findable on the internet then it's in the public domain.
How was Bolswold in the summer of 2004, did you enjoy the mussels?

Chris_d

Visit site
The information in question could only have been determined by actualy being there or by illegal methods, Beryl is using a bit of misinformation too prove her point.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Aha, you have to provide details of your car to establish why you are unworried.

Here they are:

Don't have one.

While I am typing this my boat is unattended, moored happily at the club and findable on the interwebby thingy by use of boat name and mine:)

pheran

Visit site
Thats better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yes , I was in Sneek, didn't go to Bolsward until the following month.
The mussels were fine but then they were the local home-grown ones, not the common-or-garden Atlantic rubbish the French rave about. I know where you got your information from but that hardly amounts to the sort of 'secret source' that Beryl seemed to suggest she had access to. Incidentally, Ian Hart has since passed away. Bloody shame, he was a really great bloke and a proper gentleman.

SimonA

Visit site
That list was not very up to date even when it included home moorings. It said my boat was on the Thames at Oxford, when in fact it had been on the Nene for two years before being taken to the Gt Ouse.