Delphia yachts

cmedsailor

Visit site
I have noticed that in general this is an "unknown" manufacturer (though I think recently they acquired Maxi yachts). Nearly never discussed over the forum (well, at least search results don't really find anything).
Is it because it's a small factory in comparison to the huge mass production names (Bav/Jean/Ben etc), so less sales volumes, less owners? How do they rate in comparison to the "usual" AWB? Anyone with experience with these boats? How do they last over time? Quality? They are built in Poland so I was wondering if they sell (and sail) at northern seas.
Thanks

richardsn9

Visit site
If you are planning to buy in the UK, a bit of research on the issues at least one forumite has had with Wittey Marine, the UK dealer, might be useful, although this was in connection with a different manufacturer.

mcanderson

Visit site
Try Bosuns's Locker at Port Edgar. They use to be the distributor. There is a 29 next to me if I see the owner I will try to get his email address for you. Won't be for 3 weeks as I am away.

Skipper434343

Visit site
I have own Delphia 37 for two years before moving up to Delphia 40.3 in 2010.
I strongly believe that they are better quality, stronger and more seaworthy yachts than others in similar price range.
Contemplating moving up to Delphia 47 or Delphia 46cc in year or so.
I did quite extensive research before choosing the Delphia 37 in 2008, this boats are modern but build with sailing big seas, with the structural grid fully glassed to the hull made of vinyl ester resin and Airex close cell rigid foam above waterline and on decks, there will be never issue with moisture and delimitation with is problems on boats built with balsa in sandwich.
Last year Delphia 40.3 finished single handed around the world voyage via Cape Horn , in roaring forties , not many production boats accomplished this type sailing.

Luckysailor

Visit site
I bought a Delphia 40.3 end 2012, my previous ship was a Bavaria 370 (1991 )(in that time Bavaria’s were made strong)
I was hardly surprised how strong the Delphia’s are build.
The sailing properties are higher than expected.
My Delphia has a lifting keel, and can fall dry : unforgettable to fall dry on the “Waddenzee” (NL)
Nevertheless her draft of 1 to 1.95m and her extra ballast she makes it hard for a Jeanneau 41 feet to take me over.
I am really happy with my Delphia 40.3

kent cruiser

Visit site
Delphia 29 lift keel servicing

I bought a Delphia 29 new about five years ago. I still have it and I love it. What else do you want to know, if anything?

I have a Delphia 29- do I need to remove the lift keel to check/replace the lifting line or can it be done with the keel dropped but not removed. Any advice appreciated.

PierceArrow

Visit site
There are no Delphia Dealers in North America; Good Luck getting after sales service... Quality is ok, but at the end of the day, these guys are in Poland and... do they care once the boat is sold. I'd be weary of a companies that grow so fast and double and triple their production so quickly. Too many yacht manufacturers have gone bankrupt over the years. I would stick with a reputable brand.

sailorgal

Visit site
I am pretty sure there's a Delphia Dealer in North America, i saw their booth at Chicago Boat Show last year 2013, on display was a Delphia 47.

Sire

Visit site
is it just me or is there a ratty smell on this thread ( not U single :D )

I was just wondering myself about the number of "New Users" on this thread ;)

...and on the strength of remembering the helpful and amusing manner in which you assisted me, on a trip to the UK a couple of years back, I'd say that I would personally trust your instincts ;)

Last edited:

solentham

Visit site
Delphia 29 lift keel servicing

I have a Delphia 29- do I need to remove the lift keel to check/replace the lifting line or can it be done with the keel dropped but not removed. Any advice appreciated.
hi, just searching for any owners of delphia 29's - looking to buy & just looking for advice, do you still have it?