Delphia 37, any experience ?

GeertW

Visit site
Hi,

I consider buying a 2006 Delphia 37.
I am looking for usefull information and am particularly interested in sailing experience in all kinds of conditions.

Anyone ?

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
when I first owned our boat (2011) there was a Delphia 29 on the same pontoon in Penarth Marina. Only briefly spoke with the owners because they took it to the yacht club to save mooring fees but they seemed happy with it. Now in Milford marina there is a Delphia 29 on our pontoon with the same name so I think it is the same boat. Don’t know who the current owners are but I think not the guys who had it in Penarth. It looks tidy and well cared for.

I think it is/was a Polish brand and not sure if they are still in production. Have never seen another so I guess the lack of responses to the thread indicates that they are quite rare rather than that there are any issues with them.

I’d assume they sail much like Any equivalent production AWB maybe with a lesser build quality as a downside risk.

skipper021

Visit site
The Delphia 37 featured in the Yachting Monthly boat test mentioned above called "Credeau" is still with the first owner, he loves it! Currently it is based in Eastbourne Marina.
He has sailed very extensively in Credeau including a 3 month single handed Round Britain And Ireland trip, and cruising in Ireland, western France and Scotland.

Another Delphia 37 called 'Island Spirit' has been based in Salcombe with the Island Crusing Club and has been used commercially delivering sailing courses for at least the last 12 years. It is a popular boat with both the instructors and clients, and even though quite intensively used, it still looks in good order.
I have sailed this boat in some pretty brisk conditions in the western approaches and it performed very well.

Delphia Yachts were produced to a very good standard at a factory in eastern Poland to a design by Andrzej Skrzat, this factory also made hundreds of Arvor and Quicksilver motorboats every year. They also carried out contract building for several other makes.
Sadly after producing yachts for more than 25 years, Delphia Yachts was bought by Beneteau group a couple of years ago and they swiftly closed down the sailboat production, changing to producing some Beneteau motorboats and carrying out R&D development for the rest of the Beneteau group.