DELIVERY TRIP

emandvee44

Visit site
We are looking for help to deliver our 44 foot yacht from the Solent area to Plymouth, departing about 10/11 June.
We need one or preferably two experienced crew who are capable of keeping a watch and sailing the boat of course.

Send a pm for full details.

Michael.

Steve_O

Visit site
Hi, could well make those dates along with my other half who also enjoys sailing. I am CS and my better half is CC.
What are your rough plans for the trip?

aidenb

Visit site
Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear your disappointment!
I would be more than happy to help, however I am unavailiable until the 19th June - if this is of any use to you please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
Aiden

MARGETTS

Visit site
Hi guys. It may be that there are too many already active sailors on the forum for a sideline such as this. Many of the posts do not get public replies. Two suggestions for you.If you genuinely want crew and feel confident in the passage, either go it alone or advertise in somewhere like crewseekers.net. If you are unsure about the trip, then bite the bullet and go to a professional outfit, who can provide not only a crew but also tuition if required. If you get the right person ( not me, I do not do it anymore ) you could gain a tremendous ammount of confidence, and I doubt we would see this advert again.

Best of luck Graham

emandvee44

Visit site
Thanks for the advice Graham.
My problem is not lack of confidence,(this is my 5th. yacht), but the 44 is a lot of boat to sail (possibly into a head wind all the way), with a novice wife, and myself no longer in the prime of life!
I have contacted professional delivery companies, and had one offer. Also other options (my yacht clubs), and it looks as if we will have a crew of 5 (4 experienced) for the trip.

Let's hope for good weather on 11th.!

Regards,

Michael.