Delivering my own eBay item...

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
I guess this is potty but my Blakes Victory isn't selling very well, only priced at 99p so I've said I'll deliver it anywhere from Cornwall to Great Malvern. Well I drive the route but it may have been a rash offer for 99p.....

Comments on a postcard

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
Cancel the auction, then relist it with a realistic starting price...

Yes but I always think it's the unrealistic offer price that gets the watchers on board, then they have thinking time to evaluate the deal. I've always done it that way and it's worked really well, I mean sometimes I might start at a fiver, but my other auctions at the moment are doing just fine. This maybe is the lemon and I'm sure it's the distance from Cornwall that was at least part of the problem. We shall see.

V1701

Visit site
If it helps, Interparcel or collectmyparcel.com will both deliver items up to 30kg and large size for less than a tenner anywhere in mainland UK, I used one of them to collect and deliver the Avon dinghy I bought off ebay and had no problems. So you could advertise it with a tenner for delivery...

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
+1

Never start an auction at 99p, unless you will be satisfied if it sells for 99p. It may be your unlucky day and it only gets one bid.

I'm never too bothered about selling stuff for peanuts. The best thing about eBay is getting a bargain, and if folk weren't willing to take a chance on selling low there would be no bargains.

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
If you want a low start price, pay for a reserve next time. You could always get some mates to illegally bid for it to bump the price up a bit. :eek:

Yes but you still need a real bidder in there somewhere so it hardly helps except, maybe, to bring the bidders out of the woodwork. Actually I think someone did that to me last week since I was mailed after the auction saying the high bidder woudn't pay, ok except it was five minutes after the sale ended!

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
If it helps, Interparcel or collectmyparcel.com will both deliver items up to 30kg and large size for less than a tenner anywhere in mainland UK, I used one of them to collect and deliver the Avon dinghy I bought off ebay and had no problems. So you could advertise it with a tenner for delivery...

I use Interparcel, useful service for the private individual, shows how far the Post Office have removed themselves from the real needs of the people. However the problem here is not just the weight but the vulnerability of a ceramic bowl, I'd need to pack it better than I'm prepared to bother with! Cardboard box would hardly be enough.

danielefua

Visit site
The high bidder for this item at the moment is called "bebeautifulbeneath_lingerie", makes you wonder what they want it for dunnit!

I am really sorry to see such an item worth at least twenty times that price go away...
Just consider that a new Baby Blakes Toilet (the poorer sister of a Victory) like the one I cherish in my classic boat is worth several hundred times that price!

Daniel