Dehler 30 OD

flaming

Visit site
I guess what you would be paying for is 800 kg less weight. The JPK 10.30 is 4 cm longer but 800 kg heavier.

Obviously it depends where that weight is, and what that SA/Disp ratio is, but the Dehler has the potential to be a lot quicker off the wind, by the looks of things.

Having said that, the JPK looks like much better value.

I have a buddy that I do some double-handed racing with, and he was quite excited about the Dehler when the design first came out. But I'd be happy if he buys either one of them ...
:D

Look again at the length. The Dehler's LOA includes the fixed sprit. The hull length is 9.14m about 1.2m shorter than the JPK, which has a retractable sprit. So 800kg isn't then so much... Dehler still probably quicker downwind, but not by an enormous amount. Very similar sail areas interestingly, though the JPK has the bigger A2.

bbg

Visit site
Look again at the length. The Dehler's LOA includes the fixed sprit. The hull length is 9.14m about 1.2m shorter than the JPK, which has a retractable sprit. So 800kg isn't then so much... Dehler still probably quicker downwind, but not by an enormous amount. Very similar sail areas interestingly, though the JPK has the bigger A2.

You're right. I missed that.

I'd still like to sail either one ...