Decorative tape

rex_seadog

Visit site
Should stick so long as you ensure the suface is clean and grease free. I use a solvent such as methylated spirits. I bought tape (three narrow stripes) from a motor spares shop and it has been in place for over 5 years. Occasionally I suffer a little damage from fenders etc. but I then stick down any loose bits woth contact adhesive.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ozzyb

Home Herts UK, Boat in Morbihan S. Brittany
Visit site
Go to sign writing shop or supplier they can order vinyl tape in any width and grades suitable for a yacht in various colours chosen from a chart. It's supplied in 50m reels, 25mm wide should be about £20. The background surface should be clean and free from grease etc. the tape has a peel off backing. I did my last yacht and it was still good as new 5 years later. For some strange reason it didn't necessarily make the yacht go that much faster!

<hr width=100% size=1>

rex_seadog

Visit site
As Steve says tape is also available at local sign-writers. I've used one to make up the boat's name/home port - much cheaper than those that advertise in the yottie press (sorry YBW) and as with the tape it sticks well to a clean surface. My friend wanted a Dufour logo for his boat and they were able to knock this up in minutes from the .jpg image we supplied on disk.

<hr width=100% size=1>