Deben bar - Navionics update

Visit site
Someone has kindly added the new buoy positions on the Navionics charts but has added a incorrect port had Mid Knoll buoy - see screenshot below-in addition to the correct starboard one. I can not remove this buoy and believe this can only by done by the originator. Is that anyone on this forum?396811B7-3828-4A12-871D-8AEC3D117C5C.png

Hadenough

Visit site
Someone has kindly added the new buoy positions on the Navionics charts but has added a incorrect port had Mid Knoll buoy - see screenshot below-in addition to the correct starboard one. I can not remove this buoy and believe this can only by done by the originator. Is that anyone on this forum?View attachment 154288
What Navionics are you looking at ? I have just updated mine and there are no alterations to the 2022 buoys.

dunedin

Visit site
I suspect the difference between posts #2 and #3 relates to the difference between the Navionics chart data (#2) vs the community edits overlay (also included in #3).
Note that as UKHO only issue their electronic data to leisure chart suppliers every 3 months or so (certainly NOT daily), it may take a long time for any new buoyage to be reflected in the base data through UKHO sources (though Navionics can make their own corrections manually sooner if aware).

Visit site
What Navionics are you looking at ? I have just updated mine and there are no alterations to the 2022 buoys.
You need to turn on the community edits in the map settings to see the new buoys - Navionics will probably update the base data in due course but the person who added the incorrect community data needs to remove it.

Visit site
I suspect the difference between posts #2 and #3 relates to the difference between the Navionics chart data (#2) vs the community edits overlay (also included in #3).
Note that as UKHO only issue their electronic data to leisure chart suppliers every 3 months or so (certainly NOT daily), it may take a long time for any new buoyage to be reflected in the base data through UKHO sources (though Navionics can make their own corrections manually sooner if aware).
I will report this Navionics

Hadenough

Visit site
You need to turn on the community edits in the map settings to see the new buoys - Navionics will probably update the base data in due course but the person who added the incorrect community data needs to remove it.
That’s really odd. I have community edits on, have just updated and have restarted Navionics but the “new” buoy positions are not showing.

tillergirl

Visit site
I am afraid this 'user aid' facility can be a problem. At the SW Sunk someone added a waypoint in 2021 which matched my recommended waypoint but has not deleted it since it became obsolete in 2022. Navionics' performance at that particular location is 'not good'. Was very slow to catch up (4 months - they don't seem to monitor Notices to Mariners/UKHO Blocks) and isn't particularly accurate. There are some problems in other areas. Pretty ok in general though.

aquaholic

Visit site
I am afraid this 'user aid' facility can be a problem. At the SW Sunk someone added a waypoint in 2021 which matched my recommended waypoint but has not deleted it since it became obsolete in 2022. Navionics' performance at that particular location is 'not good'. Was very slow to catch up (4 months - they don't seem to monitor Notices to Mariners/UKHO Blocks) and isn't particularly accurate. There are some problems in other areas. Pretty ok in general though.
Someone has kindly added the new buoy positions on the Navionics charts but has added a incorrect port had Mid Knoll buoy - see screenshot below-in addition to the correct starboard one. I can not remove this buoy and believe this can only by done by the originator. Is that anyone on this forum?View attachment 154288
Not sure if this has worked for everyone but I have moved the incorrectly placed Mid Knoll bouy onto the shore, the mid knoll that remains appears to be in the correct position as stated in the ECP Chartlet.

Attachments

• F2C07DED-8F62-42E6-B0B5-A636C734AE55.jpeg
    F2C07DED-8F62-42E6-B0B5-A636C734AE55.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 40

tillergirl

Visit site
Not sure if this has worked for everyone but I have moved the incorrectly placed Mid Knoll bouy onto the shore, the mid knoll that remains appears to be in the correct position as stated in the ECP Chartlet.
Certainly better .
I'm just glad I don't use Navionics!
Don't use C-Map at the SW Sunk either Peter. They haven't even cocked up the September Notice and Block.

Visit site
I have had a responce from Navionics who expect the buoys to be relocated on the base mapping by 1st May. They also indicated how to modify or remove a community post and I have removed the rogue buoy

MikeBz

Visit site
I have had a responce from Navionics who expect the buoys to be relocated on the base mapping by 1st May. They also indicated how to modify or remove a community post and I have removed the rogue buoy
Excellent, thankyou. Can you share the instructions for modifying/removing a community post here?

John_Silver

allatseawithstargazer.blogspot.com
Same here, still see last year’s buoyage
I’ve got the same on my iPad. The iPhone updated the day after the buoys were laid.
Even tried reloading the chart for the area, to no avail. When something similar last occurred, with the changes to Hurst Spit, that caused the iPad to update. But not on this occasion. Frustrating because I use an iPad sync to update the Navionics cards in my Zeus plotter.

Last edited: