Days Lock moorings (Bishops Court Farm)

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Has anyone got any experience of mooring at the farm opposite Day's lock?

Home - Bishops Court Farm

You can no longer pre book Day's lock island, so we have pre booked at the farm opposite, and they were very helpful in doing so. We have booked a space at the top end (upstream) on their land, which has direct access to Dorchester. Just wondered if anyone has stayed there. Wife is happy as it's a shorter walk and they have Alpaca's

Bran

Visit site
Has anyone got any experience of mooring at the farm opposite Day's lock?

Home - Bishops Court Farm

You can no longer pre book Day's lock island, so we have pre booked at the farm opposite, and they were very helpful in doing so. We have booked a space at the top end (upstream) on their land, which has direct access to Dorchester. Just wondered if anyone has stayed there. Wife is happy as it's a shorter walk and they have Alpaca's
Last week I booked days lock island for a date in July. I called the lock direct, got no answer but the lock keeper called me back 5 minutes later. Interested to find out how you get on as it is another option.

DWT

Visit site
I've not tried it, but I enquired last year and they were very helpful. I had two issues, whether there's sufficient depth on the "Lake Field" mooring and spot opposite the lock, plus the "Thames Path" moorings, just above the entrance to the Thame and at one time a very popular spot, were completely overgrown and inaccessible when I took a walk along there.

Chaser39

Visit site
Did you get a response to your enquiries? Do you happen to know if there sufficient depth for draft of around 1.1 meters.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
we moored up in the north field section, and think from memory there was probably spaces for approx 5 or so boats there. I would definitely recommend, staying there as they have a great café on the farm and there is good access into the village. They also had loads of Alpacas, which pleased the other half